The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matador Tyres

Mike17

I've never used them and they appear to be too cheap to be any good but they are owned

by Continental, here's some info i found on them.

265 30 19 for £58.80 inc vat :blink: think i might buy a set and see just how good

or bad they really are :D

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Matador/MP-46-Hectorra-2.htm

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

If you cant afford decent tyres, you should question whether you can afford to run a car like a Supra.

I didn't know if these were descent tyres or not which is exactly why I have asked this question! I have had Toyo's on the car before and found them absolutely shite so just because it is expensive does not mean it is always better!

Thank you to the ones who put in constructive comments :)

Hi there this is amys husband mike, swampy442 just because we were asking about a tyre that we know nothing about does not mean we cannot afford to run our supra, which buy the way we have owned for.6 years, we had a general wondering about the tyre as we haven't had any dealings with it.

On Camskill they are not much cheaper than the Falken's and I absolutely swear by them they are fantastic on that car :)

Just wandered if anyone had used them, but evidently they are $#@!e so I won't bother lol

Did you read any of the reviews i posted ?

The Falkens in 265 30 19 are £142.90 Matadors in the same size are £58.80 on Camskill

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Hi dnk it's mike, yeah I've just been reading the reviews ppl have left and they seen to be quite a good tyre, no we haven't had the geometry checked or.anything, we haven't changed anything in the car other than a body kit, like Amy said we normally have fallen tyres and they have always lasted a long time and we haven't really thought about it! Where would be an idea place to go and speak to someone about it?

Hi dnk it's mike, yeah I've just been reading the reviews ppl have left and they seen to be quite a good tyre, no we haven't had the geometry checked or.anything, we haven't changed anything in the car other than a body kit, like Amy said we normally have fallen tyres and they have always lasted a long time and we haven't really thought about it! Where would be an idea place to go and speak to someone about it?

Hi Mike, best to ask on here in supra chat and hopefully some of the guys in Wales will no somewhere near

to you to get the geometry checked.

I use a place near Mallory Park but their very expensive compared to a few others i've seen

mentioned on here.

Toyos on my car have lasted ages. Iv had 2 sets over the last 3 years. Good grip on narrower rubber than yours (255). And it covered plenty of miles.

Maybe it's the 19's. Or was that just dnk quoting for his car? I'm sure t

his is all set up correct. :)

less sidewall and less scope for correct alignment with big wheels often means poor grip and bad wair unless aligned correctly.

If you have different wheels (18's or 19's) or any suspention changes you definitely need to have a propper lazer alignment done. Even after a suspention part is changed it it gets worn out.

Not just tracking at quick fit. Somewhere that has the equipment that knows what they are doing.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

We have had a few bits on the suspension and stuff changed since the last laser allignment was done so we were going to do that when these ones get fitted :)

It made loads of diffence to it last time it was a lot nicer to drive after :)