The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible to lower original seats?

Guest stefan2m

Guest stefan2m

Hi guys, I'm considering buying a mk4 tin top, I'm also 6'5 so it'll be a tight fit as far as I know; owned a R33 before in which I had no problems with headroom (original seat), just lengthened the drivers seat sliders about 4" and I had lots of room... but on paper the interior height of a R33 is exactly 1" higher, and the interior length is longer too, so I dare not compare it 1:1.

So I was wondering what my options are when I want to create more head room, and I prefer keeping the original/oe seat... I haven't found aftermarket sliders (yet) that both lower and bolt on to the oe seats, or can I just get a set of lowering sliders that are supposed to bolt on to aftermarket seats with the connection points on the underside?

If it turns out to be the only option, an aftermarket reclining or bucket seat wouldn't be a problem either, but I prefer oe seats for a daily driver.

Thanks in advance for the help :)