The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside spoiler questions...

Elliot

Can any Veilside rear spoiler owners help me out here?

I went to see a TT yesterday. It has a veilside kit fitted. The spoiler looks to be black/carbon fibre with the rest being silver.

The thing that worried me was the rattling everytime we went over a bump! At speed it seemed OK, just every now & then it would rattle - is this normal?

Also, the front and back of the carbon fibre bit have been filled & sanded. I didn't realise it was two seperate parts, just thought it would be one wing?

Thanks for the replies folks.

It's definitely the CF blade that's rattling, but the boot rubbers are worn as well.

How do you take the blade out? I guess that when it was put in it was in 2 pieces hence the filler & sanding job on it (looks a bit tacky!).

Also, should there be any support, like a bar running through it? It's just that it feels really flimsy.

Here you go

Cheers m8 :thumbs:

anyone know where you can get the blade from?

Ditto!

Has anyone ever seen one on a silver spoiler? I'm getting tired of the "check your huge spoiler" comments - a CF blade might do one of 2 things: break it up a bit so it doesn't seem as big, or make me feel better about it so I don't care about the comments :p

OK are we talking about a Veilside spoiler here? You started the thread with veilside comment. All the subsequent conversation points at TRD. If its TRD then yes there are a lot of cheap copies. You may find that is what is fitted to ur prospective car. If you want to fix it and it is a copy part then a bit of epoxy resin and some fibre glass might solid it up a bit abd fix ur rattling.