The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrapping my dash - Now finished and installed.

listy

I used to hate wrapped dash's as I always thought they were tacky, but a lot of the material and colours out there now are really nice!

And that's one of 'em, definitely put some pictures up when it's done!

Also would recommend redoing it if you find there are imperfections, as it will only bug you when it's back together!

The picture doesn't really show the true colour. It's actually ice white :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Figured why not give it a go. Worst than can happen is it looks gash, and I can just peel it all off again :)

As for the imperfections, it will be redone at some point. Just need to see what I have left when it's all done.

Struggling with the ignition surround at the moment so giving up until tomorrow.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

My dash needs a new coat of paint (it previously had a lovely walnut finish), but I'm toying with the idea of getting it wrapped instead.

If it was possible to see a variety of finishes/colours, preferably not carbon fibre, then I might be tempted. I don't want gloss either. A metallic matt would be perfect. :)

My dash needs a new coat of paint (it previously had a lovely walnut finish), but I'm toying with the idea of getting it wrapped instead.

If it was possible to see a variety of finishes/colours, preferably not carbon fibre, then I might be tempted. I don't want gloss either. A metallic matt would be perfect. :)

Mine is white "carbon effect" but to be honest, looks nothing like carbon but still has a really nice texture to it. And isn't gloss :)

Really struggling with the dial cluster surround. Just can't seem to get the play I need with the vinyl. Going to keep trying until I run out though. If I can't do it, I'll just spray it white as it's kind of out of main view anyway.

Important bits I couldn't have done without: scalpel, heat gun (£20 from argos :)) spray adhesive (heat resistant) and a lot of patience.

Pick of it all in place coming up in a bit when I next get out to the car.

Let's just hope the adhesive doesn't let me down in the heat!

All fitted.

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f492a41-4f40-010d.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f492a41-4f55-9450.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f492a41-4f63-4947.jpg

Just need to save some pennies and get rid of the blue seats, and re do the door cards and my interior is done :D