The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im new

Geezer

Hi everyone, im Glenn im from Sussex and im thinking of buying a 3.0ltr non turbo. Can anyone offer me some advice someone told me the non turbo engine lets go at about 90k is this true as i can seem to find any details. Thanks in advance Glenn

Hi everyone, im Glenn im from Sussex and im thinking of buying a 3.0ltr non turbo. Can anyone offer me some advice someone told me the non turbo engine lets go at about 90k is this true as i can seem to find any details. Thanks in advance Glenn

welcome to the club, who ever told you that an n/a engine lets go at 90k is wrong, simply put they have nothing to let go of to begin with :D

Paul Brown dont have a good reputation on this forum, Best advice is to stay away from Paul Brown and buy from this forum or pistonheads. Both them cars are priced to high in my opinion for a N/A. For a decent N/A you should be looking to pay £2500-3000 :).

I think maybe your mate was thinking of the mk3 engines.

I ran my n/a with no servicing for the best part of 3 years (No oil change not filter change coolent plugs ect) in the hope it would blow up so i could get a TT lump, and it still pulled 210 on a dyno a month or so before i ripped it out

Welcome man ! You are in the best forum in the world ! extremly useful !!! Don't worry at all about the supra mkiv engine !!!

Always been a fan of forums been a member of alot pf them and must say really impressed with all the help and advice and how friendly you all are thanks

Just to put yout mind absolutely at rest, my non turbo has done 180,000 miles with only routine servicing according to the Toyota schedule without using anything more fancy than Castrol Magnatec and Toyota premixed red coolant.

Wow thanks thats sounds great 180k is awesome and def pt my mind at ease

• 1 year later...