The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TSC/Drag/Drift Event 21 Nov 2004

Guest Richie

Guest Richie

On Sunday 21st November 2004 I am running an event at Sculthorpe Airfield Norfolk, near Fakenham, which is a former USAF B52 Bomber base. The main runway is 1.7miles with lots of adjoining taxi runways. The day will be split into two separate events: -

1. A Top Speed Challenge TSC type event with a dual ¼ mile with one lane carrying on to do a 1.25mile V-max run.

2. A full drift circuit set up by Team D:MON.

Pricing

TSC: £30 to run which includes ¼ mile and V-max limited to 85 on first come first serve basis ticket only.

Drift: £50 to run limited to 65 on first come first serve basis ticket only.

All spectators are £10 and can pay on the day.

All cheques sent to address below by 10th November please include your name and bb name, address and car type: -

Richard Beaumont

2 Chisnall Close

Hadleigh

Ipswich

Suffolk

IP76GB

Tel: 01473 828377

Mobile: 07966396059

e-mail: [email protected]

Other info:

There is a possibility of using a covered hanger for mechanical work i.e tyre changing.

I will arrange catering facilities and toilets.

Tag Heuer timing gear will be used.

Jap magazines will be covering the event.

I will be bringing a supply of Klotz 118 race fuel and other fuel products, (octane booster etc). Let me know if you have specific requirements.

Shell garage only 3.8miles from venue.

The day is being run to raise money, in conjunction with other events at my work, for charity. Please see attached link for details.

Any further questions just contact me on any of the above. I am now away for two weeks and have left my wife Louise to answer any question you may have while I’m away. Any changes to any of the above will be posted in this thread. The airfield is very easy to find and I will post up details of timings and map ASAP.LINK

• 3 weeks later...

Latest entry list

No. Name. BB name. Car. Paid

1 Richard Beaumont Richie S13

2 Simon Norris Norris Designs ND EVO

3 Jim Potter Jim Potter S13 £30

4 Chris Latham Enigma S14 £30

5 Brendon Lindsay Bread Bin £30

6 Gareth Nutley Razza987 S13 £30

7 Rob Green Tross S13 £30

D1 Matthew Townsend DrifterM S13 £50

D2 Rob Humphris £50

8 Antony Walters Bigtone S13 £30

9 Jeremy Markham Jeremy200 S13 £30

10 Brian Gardner Brian the snail Scooby £30

11 Mike Marden Evo 6 £30

12 Barry Philips Evo 6 £30

13 James Gilham Cossy £30

On Sunday 21st November 2004 I am running an event at Sculthorpe Airfield Norfolk, near Fakenham, which is a former USAF B52 Bomber base. The main runway is 1.7miles with lots of adjoining taxi runways. The day will be split into two separate events: -

1. A Top Speed Challenge TSC type event with a dual ¼ mile with one lane carrying on to do a 1.25mile V-max run.

2. A full drift circuit set up by Team D:MON.

Pricing

TSC: £30 to run which includes ¼ mile and V-max limited to 85 on first come first serve basis ticket only.

Drift: £50 to run limited to 65 on first come first serve basis ticket only.

All spectators are £10 and can pay on the day.

All cheques sent to address below by 10th November please also include your name, bb name, address and car type: -

Richard Beaumont

2 Chisnall Close

Hadleigh

Ipswich

Suffolk

IP76GB

Tel: 01473 828377

Mobile: 07966396059

e-mail: [email protected]

Other info:

There is a possibility of using a covered hanger for mechanical work i.e tyre changing.

I will arrange catering facilities and toilets.

Tag Heuer timing gear will be used.

Japanese Performance and Redline magazines will be covering the event.

Simon Norris will be running his Evo.

I will be bringing a supply of Klotz 118 race fuel and other fuel products, (octane booster etc). Let me know if you have specific requirements.

Shell garage only 3.8miles from venue.

The day is being run to raise money, in conjunction with other events at my work, for charity. Please see attached link for details.

Any further questions just contact me on any of the above.Any changes to any of the above will be posted in this thread. The airfield is very easy to find and I will post up details of timings and map ASAP

Not long left now to confirm places. Latest entry list: -

Drift No. TSC No. NAME BB NAME CAR TYPE NO. GUESTS TOTAL PAID

D2 Rob Humphris £50

11 Mike Marden Evo 6 £30

D3 Mitch Clarke MitchC S13 £50

D4 Anthony Rickson Giblets S14 £50

15 Dudley Backhouse M3 £30

16 Andrew Patterson AndyPat S13 £30

D5 Steve Carter Steve Carter S13

17 Michael Daniel Sonar1Sound GTO TT £30

18 Paul Jones Civic Type R £30

D6 David Larkman S12 £50

D9 Rob Savin BMW 320 £50

D7 Jon Croxford 200SX £50

D8 Rajan Paul AE86 £50

14 Julian Villasante Jules200 S13 £30

Here are the directions on how to get there. If you are travelling from the south follow the A10 to King's Lynn then turn right onto the A149 for about 4 miles then right again onto the A148. Follow this road until you see a sign for CITB which is about 3 miles before Fakenham. The Airfield is about 200 meters up the road on the right.

From the North come down the A1(M) then get on the A17 at Newark-on-Trent. Follow this until King's Lynn then get on the A149 (same as above from this point.

URGENT UPDATE

Due to Operational Training, (Iraq training), I have been told by the MOD that I can no longer run the event at Sculthorpe until next year. As you can imagine I was a bit pi55ed off to say the least and tried to make them reconsider due to my financial outlay, the charities concerned and all the organizing that goes on behind closed doors. I have been working tirelessly to get this event to go ahead at a different venue and after being rejected by 6 other Airfields I managed to meet up with a SQN Leader at Honington yesterday to make him aware of the predicament I am in. He is heading up a meeting on Monday night to discuss this event with the local council etc and I will have an answer by Tuesday morning. None of the cheques have been cashed in yet so no one is out of pocket. I am pretty certain that the event will go ahead but I just need to let you all know about the situation so it isn’t a last minute let down if that was the case. I did a Recce of Honington whilst I was there and the runway is immaculate, as good as I have seen. It is 9000ft long, nearly 2 miles. The event is about 30miles away from Sculthorpe but is very easy to find.

Directions from South: -

Get on A14 heading towards Bury St Edmunds. At Bury take the A134 turn off signed Thetford (North Bound). Stay on A134 for approx 7 miles and you will see the sign for RAF Honington. Turn right here and follow this road for approx 2 miles to the main gate. I will be here to tell you the way to the Runway.

Directions from North: -

Come down A1(M) towards Cambridge. At Junction 14, (Huntingdon) turn left onto the A14 signed Cambridge. Follow this until Bury St Edmunds. At Bury take the A134 turn off signed Thetford (North Bound). Stay on A134 for approx 7 miles and you will see the sign for RAF Honington. Turn right here and follow this road for approx 2 miles to the main gate. I will be here to tell you the way to the Runway.

Drift No. TSC No. NAME BB NAME CAR TYPE NO. GUESTS TOTAL PAID

D2 Rob Humphris £50

11 Mike Marden Evo 6 £30

D3 Mitch Clarke MitchC S13 £50

D4 Anthony Rickson Giblets S14 £50

15 Dudley Backhouse M3 £30

16 Andrew Patterson AndyPat S13 £30

D5 Steve Carter Steve Carter S13 Marshall

17 Michael Daniel Sonar1Sound GTO TT £30

18 Paul Jones Civic Type R £30

D6 David Larkman S12 £50

D9 Rob Savin BMW 320 £50

D7 Jon Croxford 200SX £50

D8 Rajan Paul AE86 £50

14 Julian Villasante Jules200 S13 £30

19 Shaun Proudlock Evo £30

D10 20 Andy Mackey Elise £80

21 Gavin Critchell Gavin E-Cos Cossy £30

22 Flavio Iacurti Scooby 1 £40

23 Martyn Kitching Roadkill GTO £30

24 Carl Hayward RX7 £30

D11 Simon Thorpe Yeager S13 Marshall

D12 Steve Dunn Jenks S14 Marshall

D13 Jason Davis Jason Skyline Marshall

Rob Mayes Marshall

25 Adrian Smith Fensport £30

26 Paul Blarmire Scooby £30

27 Craig Fletcher Skyline £30

28 Geoff Boston Bubble Skyline £30

I really didn’t want to be saying this guys but I really have drained every avenue now and unfortunately after being rejected by 18 Airfields and race tracks for various reasons I am going to have to call off the event for this Sunday. I am so disappointed for the charity concerned as on the auction night a bloke I work with bid £250 for me to take him up the runway so I am going to have to put this off until I organise another track day. They did however manage to raise £4657 for the little boy and Wooden spoon to split between them and also £1200 was raised for the Black Watch Regiment so not everything is this bad. Everyone who sent me a cheque can either have them posted back or I will destroy them, please let me know which you would prefer. Due to the cancellation I have 26, five U.S Gallon containers of Klotz 118octane race fuel sat in my garage along with octane booster and nitro power additives, so if anyone still needs fuel please let me know. I feel really bad for letting you all down but there really is nothing more I can do to make this event happen.

Hi Mark you will be lucky to see any events at this time of year. I don't know of any other than static club meets.

Due to the rise in cost of crude oil over the past few months the Klotz fuel has gone up about 19%. As a supplier I have absorbed over fifty percent of this rise so that hopefully customers aren't effected too much. Therefore the price of the Klotz118 is up 8% to £58.18 for 5 U.S Gallons

Klotz 113 is now £49.89 for 5 U.S gallons.