The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will these wheels fit over my uk brakes

safcdixon

Im gonna go look at some bbs rims tomorow but before i say for certain i want them,

i would like to know if they will they a. Fit over my uk spec calipers without spacers and B. will they fill the arches decently, they are 18", Fronts are 8j with an et 40 offset and rears are 9j with an et 42 offset, any help is appritiated :)

thanks marc

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

not sure on the caliper clearance (it looks close) but on the 'look' side of things many will I think say they won't stick out enough. The fronts will only be 10mm further out than stock 17's and the rears only a few mm......

Oh thats no good then really, shame as i like the style of these and the BBS Lms are too expensive for me. Thanks scooter :thumbs:

They look it and seem to sit nicely in the arches, the same at my LMs do :)

Mine fit no problem, although I've not measured the difference between the caliper and spokes or inner surface.

sounds good Josh, im gonna go try them on my car tomorow and hopefully they fit nicely

If in doubt you could always shave a bit from the calliper itself mate, few people have done that when they've had issues.
really? that sounds abit iffy but could be an option if thats a decent way to go about it.

Strange! Theres a couple saying they wont but a couple saying they will? Guess the only way is too try them, im gonna go meet the dude tomorow afternoon so il know as soon as a offer them up if they fit then great if they dont well theres plenty of others about, il post up what happens either way

Strange! Theres a couple saying they wont but a couple saying they will? Guess the only way is too try them, im gonna go meet the dude tomorow afternoon so il know as soon as a offer them up if they fit then great if they dont well theres plenty of others about, il post up what happens either way

Or you could just use spacers.....

Im running spacers atm mate and i dont like them tbh spacers seem abit of a bodge if ya know what i mean

I would never use spacers for the same reason. Wheel fit is always going to be difficult over the forum unless someone has exactly the same set up.

Test fit is the only way IMO. They only need to be catching by a mm and you are fubar.

H.