The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Killed 2 batteries over the last 2 weekends :(

_Shane_

Well i bought a brand new battery for the supra about 3 weeks ago and only fitted it last saturday and took the car for a spin, in total i say the car was driving for roughly about 1 hour before stopping off at petrol station / my house etc When bringing the car back to my garage then the radio died first while driving, 3 dash lights came on, battery / cat / boot door iirc but the car still continued to run. Soon after the AVCR turned off, then about 20 seconds after that the RSM turned off etc and then the car died soon after that. When trying to start it it seemed to struggle but then it would turn over and run for about a minute or so and all the above would happen again.

Anywho i thought it was an issue with the battery so i just went back to my garage and took my battery from my focus just to get the car back to the garage.

Friday morning i returned the battery and got another new battery, this time the battery was bigger than the first one. Fitted it yesterday, fired up the car, all good.

Then went for a spin today seeing as the weather was savage and same thing happened after about an hour of driving :(

Im assuming its altenator thats giving up on me, would ye think so?

How much would an altenator cost ?

Thanks

When battery connected and car is not running i was seeing 12.2v

Turned ignition and when the pumps in the boot started running the voltage dropped as expected

Started the car and it was then showing 11.7v - 11.8v

had car running for about 10 mins and the voltage did not increase

Would i be safe in saying that its the alternator that is not charging my battery and time for a new one or else to get one reconditioned?

Thanks