The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Currently looking at this.

Ryy

Alright lads, Ain't been on here in a while, recently got back from Ibiza, Had a great time!:p

As most of you know I turn 17 in August, and myself and my dad have been looking at cars, currently around 1k-2k mark.

Just wondering what you guys think of this?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-supra-30-non-turbo/107149287

I'm not a big fan of the Veilside body kits, cheapest supra I've seen around for a while.

Thanks

Ry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was My thought's, But at this day and age, I haven't got much money, and i really don't want my dad forking out more than he can chew, Surely a Different Body kit, Or even some stock Front rear, and side skirts, would make it look much better?:(

For 1k its not that bad, but! It could be a money pit, but at the same time it might be in very good nick,

if your thinking of buying it try and get a local member that knows the cars well to go with you.

If you buy it ffs get rid of that front bumper

To be fair though a newbie on here got his N/A for £975 and it was pretty much mint, apart from the odd scrape on the bodykit.

There are bargins out there to be found but you have to look about :).

Im 18 myself and nagged my dad for about 4 years. There expensive cars to maintain and cost alot to service etc so make sure you have some back up funds to run the car lol.

For 1k its not that bad, but! It could be a money pit, but at the same time it might be in very good nick,

if your thinking of buying it try and get a local member that knows the cars well to go with you.

If you buy it ffs get rid of that front bumper

What i thought when i first saw the ad, I guess a phone call won't hurt, If it's not to be then i guess i'll wait till funds are available, But on the other hand if it does, then i'll be defiantly after another front, rear, n side skirts!, Never fancied the look of the veilside, looks horrid imo

To be fair though a newbie on here got his N/A for £975 and it was pretty much mint, apart from the odd scrape on the bodykit.

There are bargins out there to be found but you have to look about :).

Im 18 myself and nagged my dad for about 4 years. There expensive cars to maintain and cost alot to service etc so make sure you have some back up funds to run the car lol.

Think I've got the supra bug mate, Whenever I get the spare time, I'm always on the look out, Weather its on internet, ad mags, or even when i'm driving past dealers, And exactly mate, Your supra's looking good bud!

Time to wake up I think.

I imagine it's an auto? So the most unappealing engine and gear box combination. It's silver which isn't a popular colour with buyers. All in all the car is probably about £800 cheaper than you would expect. Without even looking at the mechanical side of things, you would want to spend some serious money getting the body looking something like. It wil probably need a decent service etc.

Why would you spend all this money on a car when you could pick up a mint NA auto or manual for a couple of K more and not have all the hastle.

Getting cars back up to standard is always going to be a problem. I would wait and really have a good look at what is available. Cheap is rarely the best way to go in the long run.

H.

Time to wake up I think.

I imagine it's an auto? So the most unappealing engine and gear box combination. It's silver which isn't a popular colour with buyers. All in all the car is probably about £800 cheaper than you would expect. Without even looking at the mechanical side of things, you would want to spend some serious money getting the body looking something like. It wil probably need a decent service etc.

Why would you spend all this money on a car when you could pick up a mint NA auto or manual for a couple of K more and not have all the hastle.

Getting cars back up to standard is always going to be a problem. I would wait and really have a good look at what is available. Cheap is rarely the best way to go in the long run.

H.

Very true mate, I just thought i'd share, and get People's views instead of my own, As for the ad it doesn't even state what transmission its got:d

I guess i can believe the saying Buy Cheap Buy twice ( My nan's motto:d ) Thanks for your input bud much appreciated.

Ry

Spend the extra cash, buy my V8 and save all the hassle :)

Very nice car mate,:cool:

Would of been interested if the euro millions made me one of the 100 new millionaires, But no luck can do I'm afraid:(

Spend the extra cash, buy my V8 and save all the hassle :)

£5000 to buy the car, and another £5000 to insure it. I'd imagine a V8 Supra would cost a fortune to insure at 17 :)

Have you checked out the prices of insurance yet?

£5000 to buy the car, and another £5000 to insure it. I'd imagine a V8 Supra would cost a fortune to insure at 17 :)

Have you checked out the prices of insurance yet?

Will cost 5k for an NA At my age and in my area! :(

Think I've got the supra bug mate, Whenever I get the spare time, I'm always on the look out, Weather its on internet, ad mags, or even when i'm driving past dealers, And exactly mate, Your supra's looking good bud!

Look take it from someone who has been there - as i said i was looking for about 4 years and i sent me dad loadsss of supra's for sale and sent him emails saying can we go and look at them etc. If i could turn back time i wish i knew more about the car before my dad went and bought his twin turbo. We have had alot of issues with our one its just one of them cars that was a "lemon" it needed the odd thing doing to it and there expensive cars to maintain. If i was you i would wait a couple of months and save some more money and save for a mint N/A Manual because a mint N/A can be found for about £2000-3000. And its better saving your money for a car you know is mint and has all the paper work and had a service etc, rather than a rough supra which will cost you alot of money to put right. The more you spend on a decent supra the better it will be in the long run :).

or you could wait a single year and have about 7k to spend on one when your 18 (assuming you save the 5k insurance), imagine the supra you could afford when you become 20 if you save the difference in insurance between a supra and a little hatchback. 5k is not worth it dude, i love my supra, but i couldn't bear to pay 400 odd a month on insurance! Then the petrol.....

or you could wait a single year and have about 7k to spend on one when your 18 (assuming you save the 5k insurance), imagine the supra you could afford when you become 20 if you save the difference in insurance between a supra and a little hatchback. 5k is not worth it dude, i love my supra, but i couldn't bear to pay 400 odd a month on insurance! Then the petrol.....

I was thinking the same thing - Is he buying this supra for himself? He's only 16 :blink:. Or is he buying the supra and his dad is driving it?

Confused.com!