The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where is the best place to mount an auto box cooler on a UK

BOB B

I am just about to start to replace my UK auto rad with an after market one and I also have to fit an auto box Setrab cooler, can anyone give me advice on where the best place to fit it on a uk is, because there isn't a lot of room.

Thanks.

near side front behind bumper

Will it be best to do this with the bumper off or fit it when I change the rad? presumably it sits in front of the rad.

Would it go behind the side vents even though there is the IC behind one and another cooler (presumably the oil cooler) behind the other?

So you allready have a cooler in the other side vent? (near side)

I would make up a bracket and put it there! You can't do the offside as the Intercooler is in the way and I wouldn't put it in the center as theres already the rad/ air con rad there

I too have asked Lee about this. I have one going on soon, he said he always fits them in the middle of the AC Rad in direct line with the viscous fan. Suppose if you're doing a lot of town driving and stop start etc, the cooler won't get sufficient airflow if mounted under the passenger headlight unless it's got a fan.