The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-Spec Mkiv Auto TT knocking sound in engine bay.

2jzEd

Noticed today once warmed up i was getting about 4 knocks if i blipped the throttle with my finger in the engine bay. No more than a 100 rpm rise from idle of 650-700. However if i move the shifter from park to R or anything else then back to park and check again, the slight 4 knocks does not happen. Any Ideas on this i'm hoping not rod knock? :(:(

I used to know Rod Knock, nice bloke. Lived in a small cottage near Big End but spent most of his life piston broke. Got into a fight one night and was charged with battery, but that's no indicator of him as a person, just that he was a bit of a dipstick now and then, but he did get the boot from his job as distributor for a radiator company. Had no bearing in the end. I guess oil's well that end well.

I used to know Rod Knock, nice bloke. Lived in a small cottage near Big End but spent most of his life piston broke. Got into a fight one night and was charged with battery, but that's no indicator of him as a person, just that he was a bit of a dipstick now and then, but he did get the boot from his job as distributor for a radiator company. Had no bearing in the end. I guess oil's well that end well.

Taxi for Ellis.

Pun-tastic Ellis but our OP is still "none the wiser" and if anything confused..!!

• 2 years later...