The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice little find in the scrap yard

Homer

Looking for some bits for a firends car in the scrap yard today and spotted a GS300 on the rack sporting some 18in Lexus TTE wheels, managed to get them for £130 :) Need a refurb and some new shoes on the rears but was quite pleased with the find!

Question though.... The wheels are 18x10 and 18x8.5, but what sized tryes are supposed to go on them?

attachment.php?attachmentid=155303&stc=1&d=1343513930

IMAG0994.jpg

probably moreso now darryl as they are getting old , GS 300 sport owners were having this problem when they were relatively new .

they used to refer to them as plant holders .

could be that the GS 300 was a lump of a car , ive had mine on now for years and are ok , got a few scuffs from the kurbs .

another tip is dont do the covers up to tight as it will crack the laquer , as i found out after a service where the mechanic put them on to tight and cracked the TTE covers laquer

Your have certainly got yourslef a bargain there! Did they come with centre caps also?

Unfortunately no centre caps

probably moreso now darryl as they are getting old , GS 300 sport owners were having this problem when they were relatively new .

they used to refer to them as plant holders .

could be that the GS 300 was a lump of a car , ive had mine on now for years and are ok , got a few scuffs from the kurbs .

another tip is dont do the covers up to tight as it will crack the laquer , as i found out after a service where the mechanic put them on to tight and cracked the TTE covers laquer

Thanks again Peter, will keep my fingers crossed they are okay!

ive got my old lexus ones , i think the TTE s are hard to find now , if your stuck let me know mate

Very kind of you, thanks!!

Had a good look over the rears and there are no signs of cracks, but will have the refurb place check them out properly, they have some gear that can do it according to the website.