The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got me some new seats, and discovered a bit of a Recaro speed goldmine!

TheTurtleshead

Right, so I drove Geo's old car back to it's owner Mr. Trdsupra last night.(AKA chris) Parked it up nice and safe overnight and then jumped in my own car to go out. Geo's old car has a set of lovely red alcantara recaro speed seats, that I have fallen in love with whilst working on it! Now on the first bend that I threw my car into hard, I fell out of the seat! I have stock seats and I forgot I was lacking bolsters.

After a quick google this morning, I found a guy close to me on ebay, who is selling recaro speeds from an Integra,(Same spec as supra recaro's, i.e. smaller bolsters). He seemed to have a few different sets, so I gave him a call and arranged to meet him at his lock-up today. Now, no BS, he must have had 20 sets of recaro's in there, all from Honda's, civics, integra's etc… They're mostly red like the ones I got in the pictures, but there were a couple of black sets with red stitching. There was one really perfect black pair, but I decided on red. He also had some slightly later model recaros from type R's and other hondas that were a bit special as well. :D He let me look through the pile and pick two that I thought were in good condition. They were a tiny bit dirty, but after a good clean up they have turned out to be proper minters!

If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you his contact details. Now all the seats weren't mint, but there were more than a good few serviceable sets there, and a few good candidates for retrims which would probably come cheap.

Anyway, here are my two new children! The pictures don't do them justice, only fault is a tiny little fabric catch in the bottom of the drivers seat! Now I just need to find some nice low mount rails! (Hint!) My stock leathers will be up for sale shortly. ;) The Marks in the bases of the seats are where they were stacked on top of one another. They will fade as with the weight off, and some usage, the foam will go back into shape!

attachment.php?attachmentid=155295&stc=1&d=1343500710

IMG_2792.jpg

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Nice find.

For mine, I'm annoyed that Toyota chose a really cheap fabric rather than pure black Alcantara/suede for their Recaros. Why should Hondas get nicer stuff? Or is it just because most Honda drivers are more concerned about appearances than performance? ;)

Awesome mate, i did my research on these and they were pretty much identical to the ones we get in the supra, all they need is rails, although being a little expensive for rails, you can pick seats like that up for pennies, i got mine via IanW off the DC2 forum, for £350 a pair. :D

I think when i get another supra, im going for the Blue ones out the DC5 :D Just think they look :drool:

Back when i had my civic i had recaro's on ek9 rails cost me £375 and they had bolster wear in the standard place but the rails made it worth so much more you could probably get a set cheaper than that without the rails, and blue dc5 recaro's require a bit of a deeper pocket!, the yellow ones are the most expensive last time i looked

Lovely seats, but I'm afraid the bolster foam will never regain its original shape. They go like that because the foam has collapsed. You can order new bolster foam inserts from Capital Seating though :)

The bolster foam is great! I was talking bout the base, it has a pressure mark from something being rested on it. :)

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Like. Obviously :D

Sets generally go for £350ish without rails, though obviously this can go up or down depending on condition.

You can get Recaro Speeds from Capital Seating too, though they're not identical to the DC2 seats (incidentally they're something silly like a grand a piece from Mr H).