The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shall I swap my Rota's for Veilside Andrew V wheels?

Kaan W

2 hours left and at £770 they are pretty cheap at the min for a wide wheel, very dated look and no mention of offsets would put me off, there is a lot better looking wheels out there but it depends on your budget.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRA-SKYLINE-RX7-200SX-VEILSIDE-18-ALLOY-WHEELS-DEEP-DISH-SPLIT-RIM-12J-X-9J-/180935357567?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2a2096747f#ht_2870wt_1270

2 hours left and at £770 they are pretty cheap at the min for a wide wheel, very dated look and no mention of offsets would put me off, there is a lot better looking wheels out there but it depends on your budget.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRA-SKYLINE-RX7-200SX-VEILSIDE-18-ALLOY-WHEELS-DEEP-DISH-SPLIT-RIM-12J-X-9J-/180935357567?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2a2096747f#ht_2870wt_1270

Well the bloke reckons they were fitted to a supra with veilside arches origonaly but didnt mention if they rubbed or anything. I am kind of on a budget and need a wider wheel to fill the arches im fitting but dont want to waste my money on something that dont fit. Hmmmm just dont know really.... :think:

As above Veilside andrew wheels are dated now - I like TKDDAV3's veilside andrew wheels but there a different model to the ones you posted.

If i was in your shoes i would keep the Rota's or save your money for some wheels your really like. But it's all down to what you like mate :).

To be honest, I think those Andrews are dated, if you were to put them on a newer car.

I have Volk GR-C's on mine at the moment, made in '93, and suit the car down to a tee. Lui also used to have the same on his.

For a '90's car, I'm not sure how '90's alloys will look dated, I think they look "right" with the car.

Not that I'm saying I dont want different wheels, but not because they look dated, I just want multi-spokes :)

Kaan W, if you like them, get them. Your car, so do what you want with it. I think they will look pretty good :)

I agree with the guys inasmuch as they look dated. This said, I have a set of Veilside wheels but they are derived from the Veilside Andrew Evolution V edition and not the style highlighted in your thread. Veilside made three styles of Andrew V's but I can't recall the name of the ones shown in your pic. Here's a picture of my widebody Evo V's which are a different design and look.

i17555.jpg

Whats the width of yours? Im looking for 12j rears and 10j fronts.

Ill have to check tomorrow, but from what i can see they sit nice and flush with the arches instead of sitting on the inside so guess they could be the size you are after...

i have seen these on the car in person it was a blue TT supra, the offset is very aggressive, These will never fit on standard arches unless you really raise the car and stiffen the dampers, but they will stick way out.. The rear from what i can remember the chap had some custom fenders put on, And on the front the wheels stuck out 2".

hope this helps!

I have just checked out Jamie's eBay link and they went for 841 quid which isn't bad as they would have cost a small fortune when new. At first glance I would estimate the rear ET to be in the region of -10 to -16 in order to facilitate a 12J wheel and a lip of 13cm which I reckon those were.

I don't think my estimate will be far out.

$T2eC16dHJH8E9qSEW8mZBQDHz5e4!w~~60_3.jpg

Firstly let me just say I dont know how to multi quote different people so i'll just say thanks to all of you for your unput towards my decision. I have decided not to bid as much as they are a good price but alot of money to waste for something with thw wrong offset.

EvinX have you got veilside arches or stock arches?

If anyone has got some wide wheels that will fit snugg in some veilsides let me know and I may be able to do a deal with mine and some cash.. :)