The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine sourcing

LOGIE

I currently have Jurgen sourcing me a TT engine with loom and auto ECU. I specified i wanted a Non VVTI lump but im wondering if this was a bad idea...Should i be open to whatever comes up first? Will there be any added complications fitting a VVTI engine to a non VVTI NA car?

What year is your car? If it's 96+ Supra with the facelift dash then it may be easier to fit a VVTi, if it's pre-facelift then a non VVTi would be easier to fit.

That was my initial thought but needed to hear it from someone else mate. I'll leave Jurgen alone to keep seeking a Pre vvti lump

what you got in mind with the spare engine you hobo??

oh and get a non vvt-i one, more parts and easily modded.

Hobo!!! just as well your built like the preverbial stone outhouse :D, I had noticed there are a lot of parts not suitable for VVTI engines. Cheers for the advice big man. Not sure what to do with the engine. Maybe find a cheap rolling shell and bung it in. Its a strong hassle free well serviced engine with about 65-70,000. always serviced.