The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MPG, what the heck?

ubersonic

Having owned the car for two months now I must say the fuel economy is absolutely shocking!

Filled my tank last night, took 67.83 litres from the fuel light, according to the trip I had done 445 miles since the last fill-up, so I have averaged 29.5 MPG out of the last tank :D, A lot of it has been highway miles but it also includes multiple 3 minute stop/start drives to/from work and a number of high boost moments. By comparison my 1JZ MKiii never managed over 25 MPG and my VTEC Prelude only ever saw 32 MPG on a couple of occasions. All in all very happy, I wasn't expecting to be averaging anything like this, guess I can order that new CPU then lol.

That's incredible. I'm lucky to hit 300 to a tank - and more like 280

- - - Updated - - -

Having owned the car for two months now I must say the fuel economy is absolutely shocking!

Filled my tank last night, took 67.83 litres from the fuel light, according to the trip I had done 445 miles since the last fill-up, so I have averaged 29.5 MPG out of the last tank :D, A lot of it has been highway miles but it also includes multiple 3 minute stop/start drives to/from work and a number of high boost moments. By comparison my 1JZ MKiii never managed over 25 MPG and my VTEC Prelude only ever saw 32 MPG on a couple of occasions. All in all very happy, I wasn't expecting to be averaging anything like this, guess I can order that new CPU then lol.

Are you still running MPH or KMH clocks? 445 km is ~ 275 miles, which is what I get!

That's incredible. I'm lucky to hit 300 to a tank - and more like 280

- - - Updated - - -

Are you still running MPH or KMH clocks? 445 km is ~ 275 miles, which is what I get!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That.

I get about 260-290 miles per tank.

My best ever effort at a track day was 80 something miles from the tank. Thought it was leaking to be honest.

Amazing MPG if the figures are correct.

Having owned 2 Supras NA & TT, well serviced, low mileage cars I have never got more than 360 miles from a full tank. I always drive steady with a couple of moments of WOT but I can never imagine getting 400 miles nevermind 450. I don't take any notice on MPG when kicking around town as the figures are never going to be good. Long drives to POD, London, Dragonball, Le Mans etc have shown the figures I stated above.

H.

It cost me over £100 getting to santa pod and back - without any drag racing!!! :D :D

Thats because someone decided we needed to cruise at 110 leptons! Fix your speedo you dick!

- - - Updated - - -

It cost me over £100 getting to santa pod and back - without any drag racing!!! :D :D

Thats because someone decided we needed to cruise at 110 leptons! Fix your speedo you dick! :D