The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats my shell worth ? widebody do luck kit

scoooby slayer

just a curiosity thing ive looked around but cant find a shell for sale to compare for price.

46000 miles

2 owners

2000 model

do luck kit

proper widebody body all moulded.

mint shell

imagine complete shell with number plate all interior but no mechanicals just rolling on hks coilovers with no brakes and some cheap rims, im thinking £5000 is that realistic ?

i have receipts for some of the bodykit and all the mods to the body, the rear arches are lead my receips are for £7000 and that doesnt include the spray job.

More like 2000 max, if you can find a buyer who wants it! People give perfectly good shells away at the moment. Btw would that include seats? What are the seats and will you be selling separately? :)

£2000 ! just the do luck blister wings, side skirts and rear diffuser cost that alone !

this is not your average shell is it, no crtappy rivot widearch stuff, proper widebody full kitted full interior shell.

My mate had a Genuine Do-Luck Gen 1 kitted supra that hadn't seen the road since the respray, he couldn't even sell it for 1k! We struggled selling the kit, pretty much gave it away in the end, weve still got the skirts!

£5000 is well overpriced in my eyes dude!

if you know what your doing.

problem is no matter how good the kit you never get anywhere near what you paid back, do you really have to brake it?

no i dont have to break it and probably wont, im just priceing it up, engine has a bottom end knock so i gotta get the lump out and check the crank.

i bought the car done, it cost the original owner a fortune to build, im just priceing stuff up half price, like the brakes i have the receipt for £5000 so i price them at £2500 etc.

Well with that thinking, if I half all the receipts I have for my car and everything I've bought I can still get a very high price and my car is an N/A

You will be very hard pushed to get that price, as said 2 k max

5k is totally unrealistic. I don't even think you will get 2k for the shell. I would budget £1.5k max and expect £1k.

If it were a nice nursport carbon wide arch kit then I think 2k might be achievable and that's despite 5k plus worth of parts and labour. You car is just a bit too marmite for most. Remember stock look is the in thing for the most part these days.

Keep it and enjoy it.

Also I agree with the comment above just because something once cost 5k doesn't mean it will sell for half the price. Branding, colour, condition and age will have a massive effect on what people will pay for second hand parts. Also there is the whole issue of no warranty etc.....

I bought my NA Supra with 55k and in very good condition minor a few niggly bits for just less than 1k, and that was a whole car...

Problem with stuff like this is that you just don't recoup any money from what you spent, most cosmetic mods can actually devalue a vehicle. As above, wouldn't expect more than 2K.

I personally wouldn't pay more than 1k.

well i am little surprised tbh the general consensus being £2k or below. i absolutely love the car i have always thought it looks stunning, i certainly dont need to break it for need of the money but trying to put a price on it all.

how much does your average arch widening cost then ? the front is do luck blister wings rear is all custom and arches are fully delipped opened right out aswell in the inner arch, ive had 305/45/18s on the back aswell no issues.