The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seafoam? Anyone ever used it?

tony tt

Got handed this today from my neighbour raving about how good it is. Apparently it cleans all the carbon deposits from the engine got this from the website Thoughts please?

1.Lubricates upper cylinders, fuel pumps, turbochargers, drawn-through superchargers, and related fuel system and exhaust system components. Sea Foam Motor Treatment is a petroleum based product. That means Sea Foam is OIL, so adding Sea Foam to ANY fuel adds lubricity to fuel system components and upper cylinder areas of your engine.

2.Helps control moisture in fuels. Sea Foam Motor Treatment contains an oil component that acts as a co-solvent to effectively neutralize moisture when Sea Foam Motor Treatment is added to any of the above-listed fuels. This helps to eliminate moisture-related problems like diesel fuel gelling and rough idling.

3.Helps clean gum & varnish fuel residues from fuel system components. Sea Foam Motor Treatment contains an oil-based high-detergent cleaner that liquefies old fuel residue and allows the contaminants to be filtered out in the manner designed by the engine manufacturer.

4.Helps clean deposits from combustion chambers. Sea Foam Motor Treatment’s exclusive formula is blended specifically to help clean deposits out of the engine as the engine is run. This is accomplished by our cleaning oil formula described in #3 above, which dissolves the old sticky fuel residue that holds the deposit particles that accumulate over time. Once the varnish residue is liquefied, the deposit particles are free to be safely blown out of the engine through the exhaust system.

5.Helps stabilize fuel. Sea Foam Motor Treatment adds volatility, dissolves and prevents varnish formation in the fuel, this is also important for fuel storage and when storing vehicles and equipment helping to keep carburetor jets or fuel injectors clean. Sea Foam can help stabilize fuels for up to two years. Always run the engine for a long enough period of time to assure the Sea Foam Motor treatment has been drawn through the entire system fuel system for complete protection.

ram it up your anus, fart and see what pops out, :p

You could try a little bit mate, see what happens? I've never seen that product before though? Although i'd maybe be inclined to do a little more research before chucking it in the car?

ram it up your anus, fart and see what pops out, :p

You could try a little bit mate, see what happens? I've never seen that product before though? Although i'd maybe be inclined to do a little more research before chucking it in the car?

Indeed hence the post bud. I dont think ill bother to be honest seems dodgy.