The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hose Replacement

Jellybean

Hey

Does Toyota do a hose replacement kit? I would like to replace every rubber hose from Water pipes to Vacuum hoses!

I suggested it under product suggestions in the Whifbitz and SRD Threads a good few weeks back but have not seen anything yet

The hoses on mine are 19 years old at this stage so they are coming to the end of life.

Would you need to pull the engine to do all the rubber hoses?

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Toyota don't sell hose kits you have to buy each one individually, it's only the shaped hoses you'd need to buy from Toyota, the rest you can just buy a length of the correct diameter hose and then cut to length. Samco and others do replacement radiator and IC hose kits.

You can replace all the hoses with the engine in situ.

Toyota don't sell hose kits you have to buy each one individually, it's only the shaped hoses you'd need to buy from Toyota, the rest you can just buy a length of the correct diameter hose and then cut to length. Samco and others do replacement radiator and IC hose kits.

You can replace all the hoses with the engine in situ.

Thanks Nic

So is Samco , vacuum hosing ok or is OEM better quality ; I remember Chris wilson saying alot of these kits are not as good quality they just have nice colours!

Thanks Nic

So is Samco , vacuum hosing ok or is OEM better quality ; I remember Chris wilson saying alot of these kits are not as good quality they just have nice colours!

Most of the stock hoses are braided rubber, aftermarket hoses tends to be silicon rubber which I don't think CW likes, although I can't say I've ever personally had any issues with them.

I'd replace the hoses under pressure ie. IC and radiator hoses with either stock Toyota, a good quality multi layered braided hose or decent quality hard pipe kit.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Most of the stock hoses are braided rubber, aftermarket hoses tends to be silicon rubber which I don't think CW likes, although I can't say I've ever personally had any issues with them.

I'd replace the hoses under pressure ie. IC and radiator hoses with either stock Toyota, a good quality branded hose or decent quality hard pipe kit.

Thanks Nic

IC and radiator hoses are done :) Just looking into vacuum and the other big ass hoses near the firewall at the top of the head

Seriously difficult getting to the hoses on the VSV below the intake!

Thanks Dunk!

You dont happen to know the mm size for the vacuum hoses used by Toyota?

I've not replaced all of mine but i've read there is a mixture of bore sizes inc 3mm 4mm 5mm & 6mm, i have no idea if thats correct as its info from search's etc on here or kits that are sold on ebay.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I had some of the blue silicone rubber hoses for simple vacuum/boost reference and they've lasted OK for the most part as long as clamped on properly. However, any hose failures over the years have tended to be those, and they also can't stand any rubbing action, stuff slices through them like butter. These days I'd go for the OEM quality stuff. I certainly wouldn't use silicone hose for anything bigger bore than the little vac hoses.

I had some of the blue silicone rubber hoses for simple vacuum/boost reference and they've lasted OK for the most part as long as clamped on properly. However, any hose failures over the years have tended to be those, and they also can't stand any rubbing action, stuff slices through them like butter. These days I'd go for the OEM quality stuff. I certainly wouldn't use silicone hose for anything bigger bore than the little vac hoses.

I've got a lot of my larger hoses in silicon and haven't had a single problem

with them in several years.

Scan3.jpg

Ah yes but they look like decent Samco stylee ones, probably reinforced? I'm talking about the cheap and nasty silicone crap :D

It's not Samco but is 3 ply hence its stood the test of time. i had

the larger bends custom made by a place that Graham Goode Racing

used to use a few years ago.

Samco is the way i'd go now if i were doing it again and Merlin Motorsport

have been easy and good to deal with in the past and their prices aren't

stupid either.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)