The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel tank under guard question.

Kaan W

Before putting my trial rear end on I wanted to get everything thats covered by the bumper completely rust free and painted as this cant be done once the bumper is all blended in etc. So basicaly ive done most things except the fuel tank guard which has a gaping hole in it and is a bit on the rusty side. can I just leave this guard off completely as theres a good 200mm from any part of the exhaust and most of the difuser covers the tank anyway. If anyone can give me some information on this or has done this will be great :)

It's there for a reason: to protect the fuel tank. I seriously doubt any plastic or GRP bumper will provide anywhere near the protection of the metal plate. I would definitely keep it on. :)

Alternatively buy a new or a good quality second hand one and give it a lick of paint.

Edit: Too slow.

Great minds and all that.... :)