The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie after some help...

Guest suprarobt

Guest suprarobt

Hi,

Pick up my new Supra next weekend, its a JDM manual n/a.

The exterior and interior is mint all im looking to do is up the power.

Ive looked all over the internet but wondered if you could tell me where the best place to go to get a turbo fitted to up power to 350ish would be and also how much roughly this would cost?

Any help would be great,

Guest suprarobt

Yes i want it because its such a mint example, id rather buy a mint car and modify it knowing what ive done to it, than buy one that may just have been abused and looks its age.

Ive thought and looked long and hard :)

Truth be known n/a examples are cheaper for a reason. Upping the power can be achieved by dropping a TT lump in or fitting a turbo kit, but you don't get the other stronger items that come with a TT. By the time you spend £2-3K turbo'ing or transplanting a TT lump, you might as well have got a TT to begin with.

Each to their own, but give it some thought fella.

I'd recommend Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz. Does a very good turbo kit if you do go that route.

Welcome to the club! :thumbs:

You just blew his plan out of the water!

Scotty has a point in all honesty though.

Yes he must of seen the cut version of F and F :)

Lots of new members are on here for a year or more to find out what the score is and get info, best way than just purchasing then asking Q's Big A

Guest suprarobt

This is the car ive gone for,

All the things mentioned above are valid but I loved THIS car and to start with a good basis is how I always choose my cars. In honesty id rather have a car like the one that I know is good with all the paperwork...etc than buy one which on paper is better but is actually a worse example.

My budget was not too high to start with either as this is a second car for the weekend. I used to run a scooby sti as my daily drive but with fuel and all that it just wasnt possible anymore so just looking for some weekend thrills which after test driving it I know I will get :)

Im not looking to do any work to it now, just for future reference.

Thanks again guys.

43.jpg

Guest suprarobt

I also get that I cant just find a free toy in the bottom of the cereal pack and stick it to my engine to make another 200bhp, as I said not completely clueless just know from being on other forums it pays to ask around and find the best people to do the work....tried and tested and all that.

It's been asked many times before, and discussed in part in this thread, but you have two choices:

1) fit a single turbo to the NA engine, we tend to call this "NA-T"

2) remove the NA engine and fit a twin turbo engine.

Both of these routes will need supporting parts as well (e.g. NA-T will need engine management, intercooler, etc etc). I would suggest the TT route as it's a stock item, so you get the benefit of many £000's of Toyota's R&D experience.