The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Yellow 1999 RZ VVTi TT6

benkei

After regretfully selling my previous Supra, I knew it was only a matter of time until I found myself behind the wheel of one again...

So after a 400 mile round trip, I was the very proud owner of another of JM Imports' Supras! :D

Jurgen is a top bloke, very friendly once again, and made me feel very welcome, even though I was running a bit late and he had to be gone to take his son to the cinema, he didn't rush me at all.

I decided on this rare yellow VVTi RZ manual due to remembering how much I loved my Civic Jordan, and the bright yellow paint. Blending the two, I get the best of both worlds!

I couldn't believe how clean the car was, inside and out. With 124,000km, you can tell this has been looked after! She's a 1999 VVTi 6-speed manual with only one previous owner in Japan.

Considering the car is in stock form, it still sounds awesome and pulls very well! It drives perfectly!

Here's one pic after we pulled up at a service:

It was after 11pm when I got home, so was unable to take any pics then, but after a good wash the next day to get rid of the bombardment of dead bugs, she came up a treat!

And the clean VVTi engine bay!

Talking with Jurgen about the colour, we agreed it's very difficult to capture! It depends heavily on the time of day, the weather, the amount of light, etc. It looks a little faded, but once she's had a machine polish to brighten it back up, it'll look even better!

I did notice that the clocks on the dash didn't light up when it went dark, which was a real pain as I couldn't see how fast I was going! After a quick read through the forum and a few texts from Jurgen, we suspected it may be the dimmer switch, so I just took off the dash, plugged it in. Quick and easy fix! :D

I just have a few small jobs to begin with - which include:

- Remove Japanese GPS - on the drive home, I was cruising along, then all of a sudden this Japanese girl starts talking to me! At fight I had no idea what it was, but guessed it must be the GPS telling me we're a long way from Tokyo! :D

- Repair air-box - the clips at the top of the airbox have broken off, so I will temporarily fix them while I source a new one

- USDM the lights - the red rear quarter lights come on with the side lights, but the front orange indicators are off, but obviously flash witht he indicators, so I want them to be on constantly too, and flash with the indicators, just to help balance the car out

- Replace DVD unit with a UK Head Unit with an iPod adapter - although the engine sounds immense; I need music!!

- Change brake discs and fit SS brake lines

- Suspension - invest in some coilovers, maybe BC or HSD to sort out the ride height and handling

- Paint Calipers - Either blue or red?

- BPU - unleash a few more horses! I want an exhaust that isn't too loud and has a sport sound to it

- Wheels - I will look at a few options for wheels and decide which option suits the look I have in mind

- Exterior styling - I will also look at the few options in my head for the look af the car I want and take it from there

I'll keep this thread updated on my progress :cool:

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by benkei (see edit history)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love you too Kirk ;)

Thanks Chris, I really can't wait to start working on it, just need to find an abundent source of money from somewhere! :D

I'm really happy with it Jurgen, it really is a great car! Was a pleasure doing business with you mate. Can't recommend you enough :)

Car looks awesome mate. I think a nice set of aftermarket wheels will make this car supreme :)

Thanks mate. Yeh, the right wheels will make a big improvement.

I'm currently into Volk TE37s in gunmetal, with a decent lip and also concaved, probably 18"s. Like this. Maybe a cheaper alternative though! :D

Awesome matey, i was nearly buying this myself TBH. It was something about the car that stood out, BPU, some carbon bits and that will :drool: Will look forward to the Updates. :D

Yeh, I saw you were tempted! It really is a beautiful car, and just as clean as everyone says! And don't worry, I have some thoughts regarding carbon bits ;)

Very nice Ben. I do like it in yellow.

For some reason I'm seeing Blue for your callipers, but that's not what you asked, so I'll pretend I never said anything...about your callipers. Being blue.

Thanks, I do think yellow works well on the Supe :)

Blue you say? ;)

It's lovely :cool: I think the stock wheels suit it perfectly, though I reckon a set of the Lexus GS300 Sport wheels in silver would look good (not the diamond finish, would look too OTT IMO)

I'm with LBM on the Brake calipers, Black would be perfect.

This car needs to stay subtle IMO (except the colour obviously :D ) as it looks amazing as is, and is incredibly rare.

I do agree, black on yellow looks good. BUT. It's the obvious choice. So I'm going to try to steer away from black if I can, which is why gunmetal caught my attention for the wheels, and red or blue on the calipers. Black is maybe too subtle, as you can't always see them.

I've got a few pics of yellow Supras with different looks which some I think work, and others I'm not too keen. I'll get these up later, once a few thigs have been ticked off the list!