The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arch rolling - advice needed from those with rolled stock arches

JDukesy

Just wondering for all those guys with rolled stock arches how do you go about rolling the fronts? (this may sound stupid but) to me it looks like there is not that much clearance to be gained by rolling the fronts, in comparison to the backs anyway where there is a big lip, the fronts look like they have much less of a lip and its all joined into the plastic trim of the arch.

Apologies for the noob question but im new to the whole arch rolling thing so any advice or even pictures would be really helpful :)

Rolling can be achieved easily on the front just as the back, the only slight problem is the arch lining, but it can be tucked in quite well and kept secure

Ok i see. It was the arch lining that was my concern really so thats good to know. Thanks :)

Guest Budz86

As Al said, they can be rolled quite easy but you don't get as much benefit as you do from rolling the rears. Obviously the rears only Gav up and down movement to worry about but the fronts have sideways in addition to up and down. Just don't go for mega wide fronts otherwise you will have to get the fronts flared or go wide-arch kit.

As Al said, they can be rolled quite easy but you don't get as much benefit as you do from rolling the rears. Obviously the rears only Gav up and down movement to worry about but the fronts have sideways in addition to up and down. Just don't go for mega wide fronts otherwise you will have to get the fronts flared or go wide-arch kit.

Ok thanks for the advice. I think the fronts should be ok once rolled, might be a bit tight though.

Guest Budz86
Use a heat gun to heat the panel and soften the paint a bit, and take your time. Do a bit at a time.

You will be lucky to get the rears done without warping or cracked paint. Be prepared to do a bit of paint.

:yeahthat:

Use a heat gun to heat the panel and soften the paint a bit, and take your time. Do a bit at a time.

You will be lucky to get the rears done without warping or cracked paint. Be prepared to do a bit of paint.

You sure about that?

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?204502-My-New-supra-D/page4

I have rolled arches on many cars and did supra steveos a few months back with amazing results, pictures in the thread

As long as you know what you are doing and use the correct technique it's easy and comes out great

But you do need to be very carefull

If you want advice mate, I am happy to give it and will give you my number if you get stuck

You sure about that?

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?204502-My-New-supra-D/page4

I have rolled arches on many cars and did supra steveos a few months back with amazing results, pictures in the thread

As long as you know what you are doing and use the correct technique it's easy and comes out great

But you do need to be very carefull

If you want advice mate, I am happy to give it and will give you my number if you get stuck

Thanks once again for the advice may take you up on that offer, but i think as Monsween said, time, heat and patience seem to be the key.

What size wheels and tyres are you planning to put on the front?

I am running 255/35 18s on a 9.5J rim at ET35 (I think) and have no issues.

You may be making work for yourself that you don't need to do.

Fronts are already fitted and having just lowered my car some more on coilovers they are catching the arches so it does need done.

Thanks once again for the advice may take you up on that offer, but i think as Monsween said, time, heat and patience seem to be the key.

Fronts are already fitted and having just lowered my car some more on coilovers they are catching the arches so it does need done.

No worries, happy to help, it's all about the technique mate

And are you sure it's the arches rubbing and not the arch lining?

No worries, happy to help, it's all about the technique mate

And are you sure it's the arches rubbing and not the arch lining?

Not 100% sure but fairly confident, will have a closer look when i finish work today. Also the arch lip at the back catch sometimes so they need done anyway, might as well just do all four. :)