The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In need of some

shaz2010

I'd get your wheel balance checked first just to rule that out.

I've always used stock uk spec discs and pads and have always had great brakes, even on track.

Also if it's not been changed in the last couple of years i'd be inclined to do a brake fluid change.

I use Motul RBF600 fluid which is great on track or rd. A vaccum bleeder is the best way to do this.

When you change the discs i'd also recommend popping the pads out the calipers and give them a good clean

with brake cleaner and a soft brush to see what the outer seals look like. Maybe even splash out

and fit new pads if your feeling flush :blink:

The seals could very well be on their last legs and if they split or get a hole in them then you will get the pistons

seizing in the calipers and have a much bigger costlier job to do to put them right

Will check to see how bad the pads are when I do them on Wednesday see if there salvageable if not I'll get new pads as well.

Don't forget to have a very good look at the outer seals, if their the originals then i'd be

changing them as they wont last much longer before they fail and split.

I'd be checking both fronts and rears, new calipers are approx £200 each !