The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT86 is this the new supra

Slippery

Whatever his name Toyoda, the president of Toyota said in a recent Autocar interview the GT86 is the first model. See it as a Celica replacement. The 86 in the name is a reference to the AE86.

They see something below it and he said he would like to do a supra replacement at some point.

Toyota have also announced a tie up with BMW to produce a large sports car. Guess we could be looking at a Supra based on a future 6 series platform?

Whatever his name Toyoda, the president of Toyota said in a recent Autocar interview the GT86 is the first model. See it as a Celica replacement. The 86 in the name is a reference to the AE86.

They see something below it and he said he would like to do a supra replacement at some point.

Toyota have also announced a tie up with BMW to produce a large sports car. Guess we could be looking at a Supra based on a future 6 series platform?

You could be correct however a good friend of mine works for Toyota uk and he recently was talking to some guys from Toyota over seas, they told him the new supra is already in the pipeline and it's 100% Toyota but they have issues with emissions which is holding it up.

I asked the guys at goodwood to confirm this which they did.

You could be correct however a good friend of mine works for Toyota uk and he recently was talking to some guys from Toyota over seas, they told him the new supra is already in the pipeline and it's 100% Toyota but they have issues with emissions which is holding it up.

I asked the guys at goodwood to confirm this which they did.

Let's hope so. And if they have some problems with the emissions, then hopefully it won't some electrical powered c*&p.

But with Toyotas keenness on hybrids I think it will be a strong possibility.

We don't know what their target for emissions is.

In my book, hybrids and sports cars don't mix... Please God, don't let the GT-R be the last real Japanese sports car...

Yes, I agree. But look to Toyotas LM car for the clue..........

It's the only way they will be able to make a socially acceptable sports car with a big engine.

I agree but, how about making a new sports car brand with a big engine socially acceptable and not ruining the Supra brand, which is known for much different things. Personally, i would never buy such a car and i think Toyota is making a massive mistake if all this is true. They could of hit the jackpot releasing a mean, tuning friendly, RWD MKV ( straight GT-R alternative). A lot of people are crazy about the MKIV, but i think few people are crazy about a Hybrid MKV. Just my opinion.

Guest Budz86

Saw one of these today in the flesh and it looked lovely! Didn't know what it was at the time though. Thought it was some sort of L-FA/Corolla mash up ting! Lol