The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car covers

Scutch0

I'm usually against car covers because of moisture issues, but I'm fed up with the next door neighbours tree.

I believe it's a willow, (but I'm no expert!) basically it sheds constantly, all year round and the supe is covered in its leaves and crap, which stains the paintwork (040 white) but I recently had the bonnet resprayed and where I've left it about a week the paintwork has leave shaped indentations in the paint now.

I'm so fed up with it that I need to invest in a cover. What do you guys recommend?

Also I've heard horror stories of covers flapping in the wind and wearing through the paint, is this something that I need to be concerned about? Or is it just a myth?

More commission for you Jazz?

Sutch0, is the car parked at the front of your house? Have you got means to get past it etc. I use a Stormforce 4 car cover, paid about £140 for it and it is excellent in some ways but a PITA in others. It's ability to fend off water and bird shit is wonderful. Although breathable you will still get condensation underneath the cover. When windy, although tied down you will still get movement and rubbing marks on the paint. These marks were easliy removed with a bit of polish and detailer.

My cover has been off since May as rain is not really a problem. Bird crap however is..!! Come the winter I will have it back undercover. They are a pain if you want to get something from the car or simply move it. You also need to take car that the straps and fittings do not damage the paint etc.

H.

Those Carcoon things are a proper Eyesore. They may work well but I'd rather not have one sat outside my house. Pretty sure my neighbours wouldn't like it either.

Same as a cover, my neighbours have been fine with it for past 2 years, best investment for my car than any cover.

Same as a cover, my neighbours have been fine with it for past 2 years, best investment for my car than any cover.

I wouldn't want one at the front of my house. May aswell park a caravan there..!!

If have a compound or access to your back garden then I would agree.

H.

I wouldn't want one at the front of my house. May aswell park a caravan there..!!

If have a compound or access to your back garden then I would agree.

H.

+1 on that. I used to get complaints off my mums neighbours when I was younger for parking a works van on the drive. So a huge bouncy castle type car cover would go down like a knackered lift! Plus at my own house it would block the view out of our dining room window. That and my Mrs would not allow one on the drive in the first place...

Probably wont help much but....

Im a Arboriculturalist, Own my own business, and by law if a neighbours tree, bush etc is overhanging the boundary, onto your side, you are allowed to cut it back to the boundary line....

So, the Willow tree (long thin leaves) in question... Any branches over the fence, over your Supra, get chopping !!!

Mind you, to be fare, the tree is always going to cause you problems wether you chop a few branches or not...

Ive recently built my own car shelter and it lives in the back garden, Ive got access down the side of my house... I'm guessing you havent though ??