The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Travelling to buy hopefully my first Supra

Guest Andy_JDM

Guest Andy_JDM

Basically I was on piston heads looking at a N/A manual and I found one that doesn't look too bad needs a bit of work but it doesn't bother me as it will be a project anyway. But the only problem is i'm from Northern Ireland and the car is located in Suffolk, I don't mind the traveling its just the ticket prices over are a bomb got quoted £372 return for a car and two passengers over and two cars and two passengers back (if you know what I mean) and that was from Belfast to Cairnryan. Just wondering does/has anyone done the same and can advise on cheaper traveling costs. Thanks

I've travelled before to collect a vehicle with my Dad many many years ago (Isle of Man to Manchester)

Not really much you can do to save I don't think, at least there wasn't for us as there is only the Steam Packet here and there is no negotiating with them!

Only way to save really would be to book in advance, but obviously thats a problem with going to look at a car or something.

Do you have family over there? Or anyone you can trust to go look at the car for you?

How about flying to Stansted (there will be an issue about getting from there to the car but perhaps the seller will pick you up) and driving the Supra back. Saves a round trip of petrol for one car and unless you need a mate with you for company or to help you decide on the car, you can go on your own.

Instead of paying £372 plus petrol in the car that is doing the return journey, I think an easyjet flight will be about £70 and you are only paying to take one car back on the ferry. Must save you money I would have thought.

How about flying to Stansted (there will be an issue about getting from there to the car but perhaps the seller will pick you up) and driving the Supra back. Saves a round trip of petrol for one car and unless you need a mate with you for company or to help you decide on the car, you can go on your own.

Instead of paying £372 plus petrol in the car that is doing the return journey, I think an easyjet flight will be about £70 and you are only paying to take one car back on the ferry. Must save you money I would have thought.

^^^^^^^^^^^

That :)

:) there are a number of different opions you can look at

Have you tried Stenaline Belfast to Lochryan ( just up the road from Cairnryan )

or

drive down to Dublin and use stenaline or irish sea ferries on the Dublin to Holyhead route

the other routes are to long to be honest

Belfast to Heysham

Warrenpoint to Heysham

Cheers

-Ian-

Guest Andy_JDM

Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it, That flying idea sounds good never even thought of it haha. In the middle of looking at prices now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea tubbytwo thats the one, Think it looks dead on yea ?

I recently picked a car up from Ireland, I flew from Manchster to belfast for about £25, luckily the guy lived just outside belfast so taxi was about £15 the drove it to Larne and got the ferry over to Cairnryan from there for about £135.