The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on possible arches wanted.

listy

Was thinking of getting some vs arches, getting them carbon skinned, (as I have a few carbon plans in the pipeline) and having them riveted on.

Any opinions on how this would look?

Also, thinking of getting the shine auto air diverters for the skirts.

Pic of the car in question below.

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f57a41b-1c27-8c47.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/1f57a41b-1c33-7467.jpg

Would that just be for the front Jamie? Was thinking the big vent in the wing might get in the way :(

What about the rear arches? I know they may need a bit of attention on the ends, but would the riveting work on the rear?

Only recently had the car sprayed, so dont want to have to blend anything a respray bits again.

Or does anyone have any other arches they could suggest? Did look at the jdl ones, but again, they would really need to be blended to look any good.

I had a look at your front archs when you were at mine other week. They look wider than stock (at a glance). Check the inner arch see how tight it is. The doluck copies I run are definitely better il be susprised if your wings aren't wider as well. That or your have strange offset or rear speacers, as wheels meet the arch on the rear and not the front.

You would definitely need to customise the veilside front archs because of that vent, not sure it would look ok removing from of the arch so the vent was still there.

you've just had a respray, i think your nuts :)

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

TBH i think the front is a little wider, as there are no spacers on the rear, and even the skirts have quite a "step" on them compared to most. Plus the front wheels line up with the bumper, but as you said the skirts sit out a bit further with the front arches.

May just get the rear overfenders. Or just the shine air diverters for the skirts, but then they will just push the skirts wider still! Argh I need a big think of how I'm going to do this (if i do it)

A stuck on jdl arch at the back might work you know :D

Thought about it, but with the slight step from the trial rear near the rear arch not sure if it would fit flush or not. Do the jdl arches just make the arch wider higher up? Or do they make the whole rear end wider?

Wow that looks awesome, thing is too someone that doesnt know supras that would look stock, but too poeple that know them thats pure class!

Wow that looks awesome, thing is too someone that doesnt know supras that would look stock, but too poeple that know them thats pure class!

Can you post some pics of this up mate, it won't let me log in to supra forums. Something to do with my email address.