The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Missfireing

cooke

I think my na auto mite be missfireing, the only changes i have made to it is put iridum spark plugs in and put the stock airfilter on with new filter, stupid question cos it the stock air filter i put on but is it getting enough air or what could be the problem

I think my na auto mite be missfireing, the only changes i have made to it is put iridum spark plugs in and put the stock airfilter on with new filter, stupid question cos it the stock air filter i put on but is it getting enough air or what could be the problem

Is it actually misfiring or not ?

You could pull each plug lead off one at a time to see if you have a cylinder playing

up. While it's running

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

5 and 6 are a pain in the arse as we no for water and general grime getting in there, I've had issues with this and also the ht leads going down.

Air filter will make zero difference, here's what to do..... Old spark plugs back in, if it's still missing its more than lightly the ht leads however if it stops its obviously the plugs.

I wouldn't worry, the jza80 may get slated on here but as long as its got water and oil it's bomb proof.

Edit.... Not too much oil though! Too much of a good thing and all that! Defo don't over fill the oil it's as bad as not having any