The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na turbo kit for sale on ebay help

NOODLE

does anyone know anything about this turbo kit?

after seeing some really nice turbo supras at japfest 2 i want one lol and as the price range is to high for me ive gotta look at the cheaper options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-2JZGE-2JZ-GE-MK-IV-IS-GS-SC-JDM-GT45-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER-FULL-FMIC-DIY-KIT-/170763402963?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c24abed3&vxp=mtr

It looks too cheap tbh $1000 is nowt for a single kit, but for a thousand quid landed here, its gotta be worth a shot! but be prepared for things too mabye go wrong at some point

cheers dude, ye im kinda wondering how to go around this, whether i should leave it as it is and just wait to get a turbo supra later or take my car off the road and convert it to a turbo. i supose either way it will amount to the same amount of money one way or the other.

and that turbo is far too big for a stage 1 na-t , will be a lag horse , for a sub 10 psi buld you want to keep it sharp, then they feel real quick.

i heard the xs power ones are badly made by my mate who owns his own remapping company, hes seen a few of there kits used on honda civics and mazda mx5's etc so im gonna steer away from them tbh,

so far it looks like i need to buy the kit seperatley but i assume its gonna be really expensive that way and would probably be cheaper to just buy an rz haha

I am still interested in the NA-T route, but I am not sure I can be doing with the hassle of buying all the bits one by one

Craig we could do with you putting a couple of kits together and offering your services for fitting

I am always worried about buying all the individual bits and pieces and getting duds, especially with my lack of knowledge of the Turbo land

lol you will stay away from a xspower to buy that ebay kit? wow

no didnt say that just wanted to know if any one knew anything about that kit. . . and as i havent used xs power myself i dont know the company that well but from experiences my mate has had working with them ive been put off by them thats all.

im after advice mate if u can help please share!?

no didnt say that just wanted to know if any one knew anything about that kit. . . and as i havent used xs power myself i dont know the company that well but from experiences my mate has had working with them ive been put off by them thats all.

im after advice mate if u can help please share!?

i cant give you much advice but i know dr jekyl uses xspower kits and doesnt have any problems, if i was you i would talk to him.

xspower are not like they used to be,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230698076201?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I am still interested in the NA-T route, but I am not sure I can be doing with the hassle of buying all the bits one by one

Craig we could do with you putting a couple of kits together and offering your services for fitting

I am always worried about buying all the individual bits and pieces and getting duds, especially with my lack of knowledge of the Turbo land

if you want to go for it mate im allways happy to help. if you want to leave the car with me ill do t all for you

Looks like you need to get the downpipe and IC pipes fabricated from the pieces supplied. As already said the turbo is way too big, it'll hardly get going at the low pressure you'd need to run and be very laggy. You'd also need bigger injectors, ECU/mapping, gauges, clutch, service items, etc. on top of the cost of the kit.

I know someone selling the same kit but for a TT new for £800 not had a look at the quality yet though! It's in the England though so no import costs etc :)

ye it would be cool if you could let me know what the quality is like, im just looking around at the minute so i can way up the options :) cheers dude

i cant give you much advice but i know dr jekyl uses xspower kits and doesnt have any problems, if i was you i would talk to him.

xspower are not like they used to be,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230698076201?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

ok thats cool, ill have a look, ive only had my mates opinion so like i said i dont know the company that well myself but yeah il give em a look and see whats what. cheers

Edited by NOODLE (see edit history)

if you want to go for it mate im allways happy to help. if you want to leave the car with me ill do t all for you

Thanks Craig, I am not in a fianacial position to make a start yet, but I am still hoping work will pick up enough to maybe do something over the winter (proberbly after Xmas)

Can you Pm me a rough idea of figures, I realise they may change a fair bit depending on bits etc, but I am finding it really hard to get a idea on costs by searching, as every thread has different values

This subject seems to come up so often now, we could really do with a Sticky with a list of parts needed to do the conversion and optional parts

For me I need reliability, which is what makes me think the TT route may be a better option, but I am not after mega power, so the NA-T route I find interesting

and that turbo is far too big for a stage 1 na-t , will be a lag horse , for a sub 10 psi buld you want to keep it sharp, then they feel real quick.

Was just about to say this. Look at basic na-t setups for examples of components. Go direct through XS if you order cheap, at least you have history with the product instead of going in with a seller who has no history with this forum

Was just about to say this. Look at basic na-t setups for examples of components. Go direct through XS if you order cheap, at least you have history with the product instead of going in with a seller who has no history with this forum

ye makes sense at the minute im just looking around ive had a decent quote for a tt conversion, but like i said at the minute im just weighing up the options so i know what to aim for, im not looking to get it done for a little while yet but its defo on the cards if all goes well :-)