The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi from a newbie

Guest nellys 400sc

Guest nellys 400sc

hi guys iam new to this forum looking at buying a n/a auto supra. is it ok if i ask a few question in the relevent sections:)

regards neil

Guest nellys 400sc
Welcome!:)

Ask away mate. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and the people are very helpful!:)

Good luck in your search for your Supra!

hi mate thank you for your reply wont touch a t/t car with a barge pole. ive put a post in the spra mk4 section. hope you good folks can help.

best regards neil

Guest nellys 400sc
Either you're misinformed or are you scared?:p

Oh, and welcome.:)

hi iam neither ive had t/t cars in the past and have had trouble with both prehaps the turbo on these cars are better than other jap cars. thank you again for your welcomes maybe i should look at t/t cars aswell:d

hi iam neither ive had t/t cars in the past and have had trouble with both prehaps the turbo on these cars are better than other jap cars. thank you again for your welcomes maybe i should look at t/t cars aswell:d

the stock tt supra is very reliable if looked after. not to be compared with the dross setups in gtos and 300zx. the mkiv is a different leauge of build quality imho

TT supra is the most bullet proof car i've ever owned. Owned a 300zx tt before and it was nothing but problems. The 2jz tt was vastly over engineered for it's time. I would really consider a tt bud there awesome engines.

- - - Updated - - -

Had mine for three years at bpu and it's been fine, very reliable and over engineered.:)

Get a TT or you'll soon regret it, you'll be after more power in no time.;)

Damn near enough same post. Must type faster lol

Guest nellys 400sc

ive had t/t 300zx a t/t soarer and both gave me nothing but trouble know i own a v8 soarer and a mitsi gto n/a hence my reason for not touching an t/t car but it would seam that supra are better turbo so please forgive me for knocking a t/t supra did not mean to upset anyone:rolleyes:.

regards neil

ive had t/t 300zx a t/t soarer and both gave me nothing but trouble know i own a v8 soarer and a mitsi gto n/a hence my reason for not touching an t/t car but it would seam that supra are better turbo so please forgive me for knocking a t/t supra did not mean to upset anyone:rolleyes:.

regards neil

The thing is, when Toyota designed and produced the Supra, they did it in response to the Nissan 300ZX (as the car they were going to produce was scrapped when they heard about the Nissan) and what they produced was something that, even 18 years after its release, is still considered pretty unique and uncompromising, taking all aspects of the 300 into consideration and blowing it out of the water. It encompassed technology that was not seen in many cars of that era and bucked the trend in that it was astronomically expensive for a Toyota (about £37K for a UK spec in 93 and £42K in 96) which put it in a territory and market far beyond anything that Toyota had produced before (and since). The LFA is only similar in the pricing but, to many (and me included) just seems like a stupidly expensive Nissan GTR wannabe and jumping on a bandwagon that arrived at the station an hour after most people had left.

To produce a true successor to the Supra, Toyota, to my mind, need to revisit the mindset of 1992 and throw some caution to the wind. Be daring, be different, be controversial and design a car that encompasses everything that the Supra was (and is). A GT, cross-continent, cruiser that looks stunning, goes like stink, is focused on the driver (and driving, even if corners were always a talking point) and raises 2 fingers to the PC, lentil-chewing, hybrid-loving, ozone-protecting ne'er do wells that seem to govern most aspects of our lives.^

In 1993 the Supra looked like nothing else on earth. Even today, it still drops jaws. The LFA doesn't do that and never will. It's too dull. The Supra has soul, character, identity and an attitude. Nothing they have produced since has any of that because they're too scared of upsetting the Daily Mail-type masses that say we're killing the planet.

And until Toyota is driven by designers and engineers again, and not by accountants, the MKV Supra will always be an automotive fantasy.

No need to apologise Neil. :)

I know car forums are strongly biased towards whatever car they're about, but mkiv supras (either NA or TT) really don't have any reliability problems. Of course, any dog that's been neglected could well give you problems, but that's true of any car. I'd say that the mkiv Supra can take more than its fair share of neglect (either lack of maintenance or brutal driving) before things start breaking. All the components are very strong.

The thing is, when Toyota designed and produced the Supra, they did it in response to the Nissan 300ZX (as the car they were going to produce was scrapped when they heard about the Nissan) and what they produced was something that, even 18 years after its release, is still considered pretty unique and uncompromising, taking all aspects of the 300 into consideration and blowing it out of the water. It encompassed technology that was not seen in many cars of that era and bucked the trend in that it was astronomically expensive for a Toyota (about £37K for a UK spec in 93 and £42K in 96) which put it in a territory and market far beyond anything that Toyota had produced before (and since). The LFA is only similar in the pricing but, to many (and me included) just seems like a stupidly expensive Nissan GTR wannabe and jumping on a bandwagon that arrived at the station an hour after most people had left.

To produce a true successor to the Supra, Toyota, to my mind, need to revisit the mindset of 1992 and throw some caution to the wind. Be daring, be different, be controversial and design a car that encompasses everything that the Supra was (and is). A GT, cross-continent, cruiser that looks stunning, goes like stink, is focused on the driver (and driving, even if corners were always a talking point) and raises 2 fingers to the PC, lentil-chewing, hybrid-loving, ozone-protecting ne'er do wells that seem to govern most aspects of our lives.^

In 1993 the Supra looked like nothing else on earth. Even today, it still drops jaws. The LFA doesn't do that and never will. It's too dull. The Supra has soul, character, identity and an attitude. Nothing they have produced since has any of that because they're too scared of upsetting the Daily Mail-type masses that say we're killing the planet.

And until Toyota is driven by designers and engineers again, and not by accountants, the MKV Supra will always be an automotive fantasy.

After reading that, wow. Great statement :thumbs:

Guest nellys 400sc

hi mate iam in milton keynes, so i think it will be a t/t but if i find a nice n/a ill take it please dont be offend if i do go for an n/a its not the power iam arfter to old for that know, just want a tidy example:)

Guest nellys 400sc
No problem chap. I have an NA, for the same reason as you're thinking of getting one.

The good thing about NA supras is that they don't look like a watered-down version, unlike some Skylines.

iam glad that someone shares my reasoning the first one i had in mind ive decided against it. so still on the look out may take a bit of time but ill get there.