The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ngk iridium ix spark plugs

cooke

To answer your question, you can put whatever type of plug you like in, providing its the correct heat grade, thread and reach,

if your looking at iridium plugs as some kind of upgrade, then you won't see any difference in performance increase from fitting different plugs.

The only difference between precious metal plugs IE iridium, platinum from copper cored type is that they are intended for extended service life, nothing else.

I fitted them about a year or so ago, I say deffinately fit them as they are long life and changing the plugs on an NA is a big pain due to having to remove the throttle body. They will last for approx 60,000 mile so you wont need to go near them again for a while. Also i did get a better throttle response and slightly better MPG return.. but my old copper plugs were looking worn out when removed. So "Yes" they are worth it very much so IMO

I fitted them about a year or so ago, I say deffinately fit them as they are long life and changing the plugs on an NA is a big pain due to having to remove the throttle body. They will last for approx 60,000 mile so you wont need to go near them again for a while. Also i did get a better throttle response and slightly better MPG return.. but my old copper plugs were looking worn out when removed. So "Yes" they are worth it very much so IMO

Nice one mate, that's the answer we wanted! I've been putting off doing mine because of the throttle body, but getting the iridium ones means it'll be a job that I'll probably only eveer do once :)

Yeah did that. Like I said already, recommendations aren't the same as practical experience.

All the threads in FAQ section were written by very experienced members with over a decade of practical experience, they can be trusted to be accurate.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

All the threads in FAQ section were written by very experienced members with over a decade of practical experience, they can be trusted to be accurate.

Calm down my friend, I'm not questioning anyone's knowledge or experience. I'm in awe of the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience amongst our members. I've made good use of it on many occasions. All I meant was that when there are choices available, it's just nice to know that someone has actually used those plugs and not found any issues :)