The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone used this to repiar glass fibre?

slugger1

Looks like everything you need is there mate. Can't see why it won't be fine.

As long as you have resin, hardener and the fibre glass sheets you will be fine.

I always get my stuff from a local shop, works out cheaper for me but I get a discount because I almost always get stuff through them (parts shop)

the kit is decent enough for small repairs.... just read the instructions, make sure everything is prepped before you start and take your time.

also ditch the small brush and buy some other small (1/2 inch) cheap paintbrushes instead. The ones with the kit are crap. Also invest in some disposable gloves as the one given with the kit is useless too.

Depends what kind of damage you are fixing dude,

If its a hole/crack (or both) - I would *personally from experience* use a product like the following:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_167469_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

It has strands of the matting already in the compound and all you do is add the hardener, once its gone off it gives you a very strong material bridge which can then be sanded down. I have used that very kit you posted up, and it is "okay" for doing repairs, but its a little messy at times and more of a "faf" . If its just for laying down across the inside of the bumper for structural reinforcing, the sheet and resin works great, however anything on the outer facing side, I would use the above.

As I said - this isnt "the way" & im not a "guru", this is just from personal experience of doing quite a lot of repair work on projects of my own. :)

P.S. If you have any cracks in the splitter, drill a small hole at the "end" of the crack (obv then fiberglass fill the hole). This will aid in stopping it from spreading futher at a later date if you catch/knock it again.

b;3448279']Depends what kind of damage you are fixing dude,

If its a hole/crack (or both) - I would *personally from experience* use a product like the following:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_167469_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

It has strands of the matting already in the compound and all you do is add the hardener, once its gone off it gives you a very strong material bridge which can then be sanded down. I have used that very kit you posted up, and it is "okay" for doing repairs, but its a little messy at times and more of a "faf" . If its just for laying down across the inside of the bumper for structural reinforcing, the sheet and resin works great, however anything on the outer facing side, I would use the above.

As I said - this isnt "the way" & im not a "guru", this is just from personal experience of doing quite a lot of repair work on projects of my own. :)

P.S. If you have any cracks in the splitter, drill a small hole at the "end" of the crack (obv then fiberglass fill the hole). This will aid in stopping it from spreading futher at a later date if you catch/knock it again.

Cheers for that mate, will give it a try.