The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oem strering wheel or aftermarket

cooke

I took an notion about changing my oem 3spoke wheel to an aftermarket one, i love the trd wheel but not the price lol and was intersted in the issota katiena wheel two, whats every opinion on changing from factory fitted and do you have any preferences on wheels

I took an notion about changing my oem 3spoke wheel to an aftermarket one, i love the trd wheel but not the price lol and was intersted in the issota katiena wheel two, whats every opinion on changing from factory fitted and do you have any preferences on wheels

TRD would be my preference, a cheaper option would be to buy a 2nd hand MRS or Celica three spoke airbag steering wheel - they are quite cheap on Ebay - and then get it recovered and the foam re-profiled, around £150.

Do u need a boss kit if your putting a different factory fitted toyota steering wheel on

No need for a boss kit, the MRS and Celica steering wheels are a straight swap, if you want the airbag to work though you need to buy a harness adapter part number 09082-00760. You will need a boss kit for any aftermarket steering wheel (except TRD).

Not many aftermarket ones out there that suit the look I'm going for in my interior, so I'm just sticking with getting the OEM 3 spoked retrimmed with alcantara/nappa leather combo and some carbon.

Ready to send off for the retrim now.

P1070513.jpg

P1070512.jpg

The badge in the centre is actually a chrome Likwidart one supplied thanks to Rob on here. Think it needs to be higher up though...

Hey Stevo, That looks great. Really like that carbon centre with the chrome badge.

WTF.............HOW MUCH????? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRD-Supra-Steering-Wheel-Air-Bag-Brand-New-/110912393319?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota&hash=item19d2e4d067#ht_500wt_1191

Peter

I know what you mean. Great price for Gatso. Should have bought one off Nic back in 08 for 300 quid. :( :D