The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Look What Rain Did To My Trial Rear Bumper :(

a98pmalcolm

Well I had to pop out yesterday When some heavy rain started up. By the time I got to the village next to me a mini lake seemed to be in the middle of the road. Everyone was driving though, so ok off I go through, as I was going through me and my mate heard this god awful sound like my bumper had fall off and was scrapping along the floor sound.

Drove out and the sound had gone. We just assumed it as water that what heavily splashing but after examination theres bloody damage in the spat area.

The water must have pulled the bumper back in that area so it pulled apart :(

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8848/20120714205747.jpg

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Yer there is but i think it was the shear force against the were the crack it.

Seems like the normal thing that would happen in deep water, id be more worried about the engine. Nothing compared to this fellers supra years ago on the forum who had a trial rear, at speed his bumper acted as a parachute and flew of due to the wind pressure i guess, water is the same thing....