The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dial Question

pbryant_knight

HI Guys,

My car's dials are in KPH and i really can't be botehred going through the hassle to install a speedo converter. If i was to buy a set of dials like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-MKiv-Automatic-Dial-Cluster-Gauges-/251103258573?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a76eba7cd already in MPH would this work? I know in the Nissan 300zx if you install UK clocks they work.

The reason i want to do this now is that i'd like some nice Plasma dials or something after reading some threads on here but they all seem to be in MPH and like i say my speedo is in KPH.

Cheers

Peter

You need a speedo with a dial that goes up to 110 mph if you're not going to fit an electronic converter. I've got one here somewhere (I think) but it's only a stock looking black face with white numbers.

Cheers,

I'd appreciate if you can find it. Then i could maybe give that to a dial company and see if they can make a plasma dial up to that spec.

You can get some plasma dials made that only go up to 120mph. They can do any spec dials as long as they have a template to work from. My Supra currently has an mph dial in that is exactly like this (max 110mph). However, for the sake of any future mods, I decided to get my plasma dials made up to the 180mph range. I also bought a Thor converter to fit. I figure if I'm going to the trouble of having custom dials made, I may as well get the car delimited and converted too. FYI, my car reads too fast on the current dial by about 6/7mph.

When I get figure out the Thor instructions, I'll be fitting both and posting pics. :)