The mkiv Supra Owners Club

competition clutch and flywheel help

jay200bhp

guys my single has a competition clutch and flywheel fitted from when andy bailey owned her, it may be me but i notice that sometimes gears are a push to engage especially reverse, and the flywheel chatters at low rpm maneauvering the car at slow speeds etc the fluid is correct at level. i chatted to ryan G when he mapped the car when fitting my syvecs ems...he suggested an N/A slave cylinder? to stop the clutch being so stiff any thoughts can i adjust the pedal out as it has done 3000 miles since fitted now and maybe its needs a quick adjust as its worn in??

thanks guys appreciated!

guys my single has a competition clutch and flywheel fitted from when andy bailey owned her, it may be me but i notice that sometimes gears are a push to engage especially reverse, and the flywheel chatters at low rpm maneauvering the car at slow speeds etc the fluid is correct at level. i chatted to ryan G when he mapped the car when fitting my syvecs ems...he suggested an N/A slave cylinder? to stop the clutch being so stiff any thoughts can i adjust the pedal out as it has done 3000 miles since fitted now and maybe its needs a quick adjust as its worn in??

thanks guys appreciated!

I've got the same clutch the flywheel noise is normal it drives me nuts the only way is the clutches that use that stock dual mass or I've heard the triple carbon rps is quiet ,have you checked your clutch pedal adjustment to the factory specs in the manual ?

I had this with my competion clutch. It was getting hard to engage gears after about 1500 miles of me fitting it. I just adjusted the clutch pedal and now all is good. As for the noise it will allways do that it drive me mad.

I will try and see if I can find how to adjust clutch in the workshop manual. I have them PDF form so will post here for you

Don't get me started with competition clutch!! I couldn't into gear once when the material decided to melt and stick the clutch to the flywheel.

I have an RPS triple. Nice and quiet. Only bit of chatter is when clutch pedal is pushed in neutral

Never had it melt well not yet but it is an annoying clutch. I have the puck clutch it ok in forward gears but in reverse it judders like mad and is noisy at idle.

Have heard good thing about the RPS triple think I might have to save up!