The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got back from Monte Carlo.....

Soop Dogg

to discover that we're too late to get our pics into the calendar voting! DOH!! And after all this effort.

Maybe next year then, Rosie?

Here are some pics:

On the road to the Col de Galibier

On top of the Col de Galibier. (alt: 2500m+) Note the glacier on top of the mountain in the background.

On the road to Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo Harbour

"The Tunnel" in Monte Carlo under the Grand Hotel

Amazing place to take the Supra. We were surprised just how much attention it attracted. More than Ferraris and the like. Every time we stopped, people were coming over to take pics!

Met up with lots of great people on the road and at places we stayed. Bumped into a group from Pistonheads in the Alps. Then on Saturday night in Monte Carlo, the Super Car Rally 2004 was in town. (A bit like Gumball but with class!!)

We are now planning our next trip there maybe next year.

I'll post some more pics later of the supercars.

Originally posted by Digsy

Top pics, by the way!

Nice of Angie to wait outside in the car while you went up to that penthouse apartment :innocent:

LOL!!

Erm....yeah. Yeah, that's how it went!

;)

We had a great time. I couldn't get Angie out of the drivers seat in Monte Carlo! I was wandering around various parts of the F1 circuit taking pics of her just swanning around grabbing the attention.

The Alps were fantastic, if a little un-nerving at times on the hairpins having the odd 'challenge' from the French drivers! THey are insane on those roads!

We were treated brilliantly by the French, they were more than helpful and, of course, they loved the car! Everywhere we stayed they were taking pics.

France......it's great for the ego!

:)

Originally posted by Soop Dogg

I like the new sig, Alex. Any luck in finding a new horse to get back onto?

LOL - which horse? Getting a new woman or getting a new Sup...either way no luck.

Last Supra was sold already.

The one before that, was over valued and they wouldn't negotiate.

Lots to tell you about that you've missed regards the situation I've been going through...as they are trying to screw me over again.

And as for women...I've draw a blank unsurprisingly! Still waiting on the room with a "view" :)

Gotta love in-jokes.

Fan-bloody-tastic pictures Brian!

And in other news, I cleared up the misfire and have the car nicely mapped for 1.2bar of boost so far. Alas, I've found my j-spec was delimited by changing the limiter from 180kph to 180mph. I'll let you figure out how I found that out :D

I vote the Railway Tavern on Sunday?

-Ian

Originally posted by Digsy

Oh yeah! You spent two Sundays out there didn't you? :innocent:

I don't know WHAT you mean, Digsy!!

:innocent:

Yes, Ian. Railway Tavern Sunday sounds great to me. Alex and Digs, you up for it too?

Great to hear you're making progress with the misfire, Ian. Erm, did you per chance discover the delimiter thing on a local test track/rolling road?

Thanks for the feedback on the pics everyone.

We aim to please!! (Angie just added "Expecially on Sundays"! I'll let you guys figure that one out...)

I have to say that I have never been a fan of the calendar idea in the slightest.

However, that said - if one is being done anyway, it would be a real shame not to have a couple of those pics there. We have all seen the "this is my car on the driveway doesn't it look nice" shots TBH they bore the crap out of me.

You have some loveley scenery and the tunnel shot is brilliant.

Nice pics, glad you had a nice trip.

Originally posted by Soop Dogg

Great to hear you're making progress with the misfire, Ian. Erm, did you per chance discover the delimiter thing on a local test track/rolling road?

Progress? No no no, completely cured :) Good old test track alpha eleven was utilised once again.

Fuelling is healthy, part throttle and varying boost is done, nearly finished fighting the stock ECU at various load points between 3000-4000 rpm, and idle/low throttle openings is nearly balanced. What that really means is it drives great and goes daft fast :D :thumbs:

-Ian