The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on these wheels?

Chris Bailey

Hello guys,

Whats your opinion on these wheels, I think my dad is thinking off changing the wheels on the supra in the hopefully not to distant future and i just wanted to know what you guys think of these wheels. Or maybe some wheels you think look nice :).

http://www.rotashop.co.uk/torque-drift-18-x-95quot-gunmetal-set-of-4-wheels-drift-series_p1040518.htm

Cheers

Now they are proper wheels. Jamesy had these on his car. Chris you can always give them to Ibarar for a change of colour.

Now they are proper wheels. Jamesy had these on his car. Chris you can always give them to Ibarar for a change of colour.

£1200 is alot of money, Even though they do come with tyres.

But Rota wheels just do something for me that no other wheel does :) - Always been a fan of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I like those rims, I think they would look great on your dad's car.

Thats what i was thinking. They would look nice in gunmetal grey :)

Lot of nonsense talked about Rota rims being brittle. SteveL used Rota Grid on his car in Eurosaloons and had no issues at all. Mike uses Rotas on his car in Time Attack.

Now, I've not been round a circuit with Mike, but Steve uses ALL of the kerbs and occasionally a little more. If they can survive the abuse he put them to then they are good enough for me.

Like the Torques but be sure to also check out the Advan copies that Paul Whif can also supply. Think they would look on a silver car.

But kerbs on a racetrack are all compressive loading forces. Brittle means a poor resitance to a lateral shear force, that is, a hit on the side (i.e. cuffing a pavement kerb) will shatter the rim rather than bend it - the difference between having to buy a new wheel and stacking the whole car due to sudden loss of control.