The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The (almost) final results??

wallis

As many of u guys know I've had my car to bits doing the single conversion and after what's probably the best part of two years ryan's doing the final map on Tuesday!

I aimed for a good quality single set up with the least amount of lag and maximum torque, basically a 500rwhp street set up!

After thousands being spent fingers crossed on Tuesday I'll have the results I've been after!

I will prob have one of the smallest single turbos out there but have one of the quickest cars of the mark, it's been pretty painful to say the least..... Roll on tuesday that's all I can say ;-)

I'll keep u posted on the results, but I'm well excited to see if we get close to the 600bhp with all the mods I've done ;-)

it's honestly become a personal challenge from all the negative response I've had from using such a small turbo, hopefully I'll finally prove people wrong with the crazy torque results....lol

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Fingers crossed mate.

Get Ryan turn up that boost to 2 bar .. and you'll be delighted ;)

Jokes aside I know my set up in japan has been good for over 600bhp, it's all been down to the boost levels!

On my last map Ryan had pretty big concerns about my EGTs after 1.4bar so wasn't happy with the set up, ive now rectified these issues and hope we get closer to 1.6bar+!

I know my set ups been good for 1.8 on similar cars around the world, but we will see ;-)

Good luck with it, what have you changed?

Changed the complete exhaust system, had a custom downpipe section fabricated so it's pretty much a straight through system with zero restriction, also gone for a water injection system to aid the higher boost levels!

Good luck :)

Get some vids ;)

Wish I could but I'm away on holiday and my cars in the safe hands of ash and Ryan at garage 786 ;-)

Changed the complete exhaust system, had a custom downpipe section fabricated so it's pretty much a straight through system with zero resection, also gone for a water injection system to aid the higher boost levels!

That will help, i cant see a 0.2 bar raise in boost doing 130bhp though, when i had a T67 every 0.1 bar made me about 30bhp iirc.

Out of interest mate, whats the inducer wheel size on the turbo and your ar housing? I'll look it up if you can't remember was just curious :)

The HKS gt30r is actualy a hybrid with a 56mm turbine and gt37 compressor, I'm running a 1.06 ar housing to prevent any surge which has been superb with the HKS 264 in/ex cams, the low down torque is just unreal!

That will help, i cant see a 0.2 bar raise in boost doing 130bhp though, when i had a T67 every 0.1 bar made me about 30bhp iirc.

Yeah I'm prob being too optimistic Jaime, but ash and Ryan both think I'm good for at least another 50bhp+ from the existing map, I'm just hoping the water inj will do the job to allow the boost increase ;-)

Hey up abz,

I was gutted I couldn't make it this year, it was my little boys 1st birthday so I had no chance :-(

To be honest that is a bit more important :D

Looking forward to seeing this run, with Ryan's magic I am expecting good things :)

Just had a nice conversation with Ryan about tomorrow, he's done some research on the gt30r from the states i think and is confident we should get close to 1.9bar of boost on my set up and 560bhp!!!

The torque I'm guessing is going to be higher than the bhp so I'm pretty excited to say the least, it's crazy enough now running 477bhp!!

Will keep u posted on the final results later tomorrow ;-)