The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active Spoiler query

linconhawk

Hey all,

Am i right in thinking this should come down automatically at a certain speed ?

Im sure I heard that from someone....

If so, anybody know what speed roughly.... ?

My spoiler works great with engine running at stand still, but dont think it comes down automatically at a certain speed, how would I know if its working ? does the light come on or something ?

Many thanks

PS - MOT tomorrow !!!! Fingers crossed...

Yes the small light will come on when the spoiler is deployed usually about 50-60mph.

However if this isn't happening, it can quite often be the kph-mph converter causing issues. If this is the case it will probably deploy around 100mph. Give it a try and see what happens(on track of course).

If it works as stock, it should go up and down when the ignition's on. It won't go down when the engine's on and you're not moving. It will deploy at 50mph which you can stop by pressing the button and that's it really.

Hey all,

1st thing - Yeah I know I have spelt "Lincoln" wrong.... lol, its how I like to spell it.... Everyone I know knows me as Linconhawk... hence the spelling...

Ok, so, seems that the light should come on once ativated when doinig around 50 - 60 mph.... (Im sure my light doesnt come on at that speed)

Ill give it a go in the morning doing around the 100 mph mark (on track of course) and see what happens....

Any ideas what it could be if it still doesnt work....

Like I say, I know its working with ignition on, standing still....

TIA

A lot of the km to mph speedo conversions are carried out at the wrong point of the loom, meaning that the speed signal to the Active Spoiler ECU is incorrect - feeding the adjusted mph signal to the ECU instead of kph. the net result is that the active spoiler will not deploy at 80kph as it is designed to but at 80 mph.

Try accelerating to circa 80mph to see if it deploys, it will stay down until you decelerate below 50 / 60mph.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...