The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for NOS users on TT MK4's

Justin

How are people getting on with NOS? I have two bottles fitted with 75bhp jets but haven't even armed it yet as I am a bit aprehensive about it blowing my engine, transmission etc. I might try it if the roads ever dry out but as I say don't know if it is worth it. The car is fast anyway without it.

Any input appreciated.

Justin

25 shot will be totally unnoticable.

Even 75bhp on my previous setup (single nozzle) wasnt all that much.

Direct port 120 shot is quite interesting. 75 shot is totally safe. I ve done it loads of times.

going over 120 bhp will be pushing it with stock manifold.

My advise is go on and have fun with N2O.

Dont spray below 3500rpm.

Watch the fuel cut!

Cuba

so many things you need to know with nos, would like it myself if it was safe. do any of you run bottle warmers, is the best type wet shot. and what psi do you run at.

i been told you have to get the fuel and nos psi correct.

its a bit daunting when there are so many options to go with. would be good to see a few nos installs if anyone going to santapod and using it. see how much it improves upon your times.

does it really make a big difference to cars power?

Originally posted by Thorin

Well I'd personally get some 25bhp jets and start testing at that and work up. Theres some good info on http://www.noswizard.com/ Trev knows his stuff. Also some very knowledgeable people in the forum on there (just ignore the chavs :D )

I inherited this 75 bhp NOS system from it's previous owner who knew what he wanted and was doing. He ended up with 75's after messing about with other sizes and concluded it was best for this setup on this car.

Other safety and monitoring systems I have are:

8 Fuel injectors (2 extras in throttle intake come on at 1.5 bar)

Walbro pump

550 injectors

Hybrid Turbos

ERL Water cooling

Blitz ECU

Blitz FMIC

HKS plugs

Side mount oil cooler

AFR guage

Apexi SAFC

EGT guage

Dual intake temp gauges (before and aft intercooler)

Oh yes and 6 pot AP brakes !:D

Originally posted by kubus1

Dont spray below 3500rpm.

Cuba

Ta for your input. I have a digital progressive controller. After arming I think the gas is timed to come on 1 second after it detects wide open throttle then pumps gas for 4 seconds if you keep your foot down.

I hope with a power brake start from say 2200 rpm the nos will be not too early and cause problems and not too late to be ineffective. Or should I arm the NOS when I see the needle go past 3500rpm? A lot to concentrate on!

Originally posted by Justin

I inherited this 75 bhp NOS system from it's previous owner who knew what he wanted and was doing. He ended up with 75's after messing about with other sizes and concluded it was best for this setup on this car.

Other safety and monitoring systems I have are:

8 Fuel injectors (2 extras in throttle intake come on at 1.5 bar)

Walbro pump

550 injectors

ERL Water cooling

Blitz ECU

Blitz FMIC

HKS plugs

Apexi SAFC

EGT guage

Dual intake temp gauges (before and aft intercooler)

Oh yes and 6 pot AP brakes !:D

justin your new car sounds well modded. whats the erl water cooling?

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

justin your new car sounds well modded. whats the erl water cooling?

Tis well modded mate :) That crash really did me a favour and let me have the car of my dreams in a round about kinda way.

Hopefully be running 1.7 bar at Pod on Sunday

ERL is just the pump that sucks water and screen washer fluid from the washer bottle and fires it into the manifold at over 1.0 bar.

Originally posted by Justin

Tis well modded mate :) That crash really did me a favour and let me have the car of my dreams in a round about kinda way.

Hopefully be running 1.7 bar at Pod on Sunday

ERL is just the pump that sucks water and screen washer fluid from the washer bottle and fires it into the manifold at over 1.0 bar.

wondering what it was

i have same on my car, its AQUAMIST water injection. not a water cooler. it supposed to cool down temps. mines plumbed into washer fluid too. going to get a seperate tank to run 50/50 methanol/water

some people run 100% methanol

1.7bar sounds like its going to be fun

Originally posted by Syed Shah

If you must (and you might as well since it is already on the car :D ), I would spray a MAX of 50HP. BPU TTs + Nitrous is a bad idea, proven many times. Keep the amounts very low. Now, if you had a single turbo......:devil:

One more thing, don't use it on high speed runs.

Syed I appreciate your comments but can you qualify why it is a bad idea?

Mine isn't really BPU running at 500bhp with 30K of mods on it.

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

justin,

Post a pic up of your car with the new front mate.

I missed you by 15 minutes after you left GVN

I will mate as soon as I can get home from the office before sunset! Will take some this weekend and at Pod on Sunday.

Was a nightmare driving out of London in rush hour with the old bumper in the back I had no left side or rear view at all!!!

Sorry I missed ya.

One more thing, don't use it on high speed runs.

So when are you supposed to use it, in stationary traffic??

NOS is there to make your car go fast!

And why would NOS and stock TTs be a bad idea.

I am on my second NOS kit now. First one was a single fogger wet kit.

I have a direct port now. Over a year of using Nitrous Oxide and no problems.

Cuba

Nitrous is at its best when the car is at WOT, it makes no difference if you are doing a top speed run, from a standing start for a short sprint or just for a short time for the :) factor. The only thing is make sure you have enough gas in your bottle for what you need.