The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz spoiler controller help req.

Paul

Anyone got the Blitz spoiler controller, tried one I fitted in the winter for the first time today and it doesn't seem to be working.

Just need to confirm that it's just a case of pressing the 'down' button with the engine running and it should deploy the spoiler manually? Should the 'auto off' be pressed in or left out?

Thanks.

I haven't got the Blitz controller, but it should just be a matter of pressing the down button when the ignition or engine is on to deploy the spoiler.

When you press the auto off button, it returns to normal operation (auto speed activation only).

I haven't got the Blitz controller, but it should just be a matter of pressing the down button when the ignition or engine is on to deploy the spoiler.

When you press the auto off button, it returns to normal operation (auto speed activation only).

Thanks, that's what i've been doing, I'll take another look, can't be the wiring as it's 'plug and play' and fits directly into the loom. Wondering if there is any difference in UK / Jap spec loom that could cause an issue?

As I found out last night after helping someone fit their module I make, it turns out that you could have a 'dry joint' in the plug for the ECU, and it's not making good enough contact somewhere.

There isn't a difference in the wiring, except the wiring itself could be a little brittle.

Might be worth a check.

EDIT: Even when we plugged the spoiler ECU back in, it only worked intermittently, which pointed to a problem with the wiring in the plug.

Have you tried plugging the original ECU back in?

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

Thanks for the help, no not tried to go back to the stock ecu on it's own yet, if it's dry in the morning i will take the dash back out and check everything and clean the terminals etc. The dry joint, I assume it was on the loom side and not on the ecu itself?

Never had a problem with the stock setup in 11 plus years but I guess disturbing it to fit the blitz unit may have created an issue.

As I found out last night after helping someone fit their module I make, it turns out that you could have a 'dry joint' in the plug for the ECU, and it's not making good enough contact somewhere.

There isn't a difference in the wiring, except the wiring itself could be a little brittle.

Might be worth a check.

EDIT: Even when we plugged the spoiler ECU back in, it only worked intermittently, which pointed to a problem with the wiring in the plug.

Have you tried plugging the original ECU back in?

Not had a chance to take the dash back out and check the terminals, it goes down as per oem when the engine is off but the minute you fire up it retracts, again as per oem. The thing is the auto deploy doesn't seem to work as it doesn't come back down at any speed. Will need to take dash out and check connections/plugs before I conclude it's knackered and doesn't work.