The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do I Or Don't I? AHHH

a98pmalcolm

Ok. I'm caught in a situation.

I have the chance of owning a big HKS twin twin turbo kit with all the correct fueling. Also I will be getting an uprated inlet manifold (from another source)

I will have to get a hefty loan but the payments aren't alot of money for 2 1/2 years and as the car will be pretty finished I would be saving up my money because I wont be spending money on the car after.

Also I would be able to pay dad back for the RPS the clutch with the loan money ;)

All my mates and my bud that will be fitting it with at his motorsport place is saying DO IT! These kits don't come around often

The car is already with the syvecs and clutch etc so its just a mater of bolting it on an mapping it.

Doing this all sounds like it will improve my lifestyle a little but I think I'm just after encouragement to go ahead and get the loan (as I have no doubts)

What you guys think?

Imo its not just the cost of the conversion, but the cost of maintanence after it... Intercooler/brakes aswell need to be considered.

Well I'm full on BPU 455 BHP atm..

Payments really arnt an issue as I live with the rents for no charge and the payments will under a 1/4 of my wage lol..

If you can afford the payments, and make sure you have money for any unforeseen expenses/repairs then do it.

If not, don't. No car is worth getting yourself in schtum for mate

This would be my advice too, you have to be able to afford extra money if something does goes wrong.

If you can afford the payments comfortably then do it, you only live once.

This is my advice though and I am not the best with money as I get attracted to and buy shiney things.

Do not take advice from this guy, he has 3 Supra's, one of them because he was drunk. :D

Do it bud.. I was in exactly the same boat as you, Jamesy's for sale thread tempted me soo much and i knew i would kick myself forever if i didnt snap up the opertunity.. needless to say it ruined me..... but in a good way :)

After getting the loan and slowly getting a few bits every month .. ( expensive bits ;) ) Im pretty much ready to give it to lee and away we go , Just the syvecs touch screen system, new SRD radiator, lighter flywheel and engine gasket kit and BOOM.. shes going in. CANT WAIT !!!!

SO DO IT !!

I have no house kids or a wife on the way thats for sure lol. I wont get in to trouble in the slightest doing this guys :)

As I said I earn 5 times the amount of the monthly payments with no other out goings except phone bill and insurance

Just awaiting a few e-mails before I go ahead :)

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)