The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should i go na-t or na-tt?

Guest rolltide23

Guest rolltide23

Im starting to save my funds up to turn my na supra to a turbo. I'm unsure as to what route i should take. I'm looking to get about 400 to 450 horsepower out of my supra and get the power without a lot of lag. I've been looking at the boost logic and powerhouse racing na-t kits which should meet my power goals. I would also need a built auto transmission, an ecu, ect. I was thinking it might be better just to do the 2jzgte engine swap and go bpu. I figure that going na-t would have more lag than na-tt. What would the price difference look like? I'm thinking na-t would actually be more expensive than na-tt considering i can buy the 2jzgte with a tranny and ecu instead of sending my transmission off to boost logic or titan to be built to handle the power and buying an aem ems. Any input will be appreciated

Hi, Cant help you much with the na/t conversion but maybe can throw a bit of light on the auto box. I run a tiptronic box and after a good 8 months off the road with gearbox problems can offer an opinion. An exchange auto uprated/racing box from a supplier like Titan Motorsports will be in the region of £3 - £4 k delivered, with torque convertor. Fitting would be added to that. To have auto box uprated would probably cost you the best part of £2-£3 k. It very much depends on what quality you want to uprate to and what torque convertor you want to run, ie, high stall. A few decisions to be made and quite a few options........ Good luck with project.

The stock auto box is easily capable of handling the power levels you are after. You may want to get a auto box cooler for piece of mind if you are worrying about the box.

Plenty of people here run 5-600bhp on a stock auto with coolers. A built box I wouldn't think is needed until hunting bigger power.

Imo best idea is to do a TT swap and go bpu.

There a plenty of na-t vs na-TT threads on here. The search button is your friend.

Just to clarify, the stock TT auto will handle 500-600bhp, but the NA auto will grenade well before that. :)

It will be cheaper and better to get the TT engine, auto and ECU as the NA auto will not handle any decent power. Also TT is awesome for having virtually no lag vs any single setup.