The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much attention does your car get?

RobD

Since getting the white supra it seems like every time I drive the big bird I get a compliment! Now I'm not complaining, it's quite nice BUT, the terms "Peng", "Sick" and "welbad...Well bad?" I'm struggling to understand :D

I think what I'm trying to ask is, do you get compliments and are the people complimenting you middle age, old or minors?

When I had the Red supra had compliments from mainly middle aged blokes, does this mean it was possible classier than my white one as the white seems to be getting compliments from kids, does this mean my cars a bit more boy racerish or just better looking than my red supra?

Pics to help...

Old supra:

New supra:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

White is the new 'in' colour at the moment, possibly could be why?

I get quite a few comments, the night before SupraPod when I was cleaning the interior, a chap in his 50's walked past and said "Nice, getting it ready to pick up the ladies at the weekend?" To which I replied "Yep! Just need the wife to hoover the carpet for me!!"

:D

Rob is it white pearl ? In one of the pics the bumper and bonnet look off colour ?

No dude, think its just the lighting, it's 040 :)

- - - Updated - - -

White is the new 'in' colour at the moment, possibly could be why?

I get quite a few comments, the night before SupraPod when I was cleaning the interior, a chap in his 50's walked past and said "Nice, getting it ready to pick up the ladies at the weekend?" To which I replied "Yep! Just need the wife to hoover the carpet for me!!"

Ever since I fitted my new spoiler virtually everyone that sees it thinks it's brand new, or looks amazing. I never get bad feedback, unless it's from some jealous numpty, but I have selective hearing, and just smile politely.

The thing is though, I never know how to take compliments, and can't think of anything other than "thanks" or "not bad for an 19 year old beater, is it? :rolleyes:

Never had a bad comment, well not to my face anyway. Get a lot of double takes, nods and smiles. Mainly guys in their 20s/30s. I've had a bunch of kids jumping up and down whooping and cheering...

Possibly because they take one look at you & then think, nah I'll keep the comment to myself I think.

The stance of your car now though :cool:

RobD - I think it may be because your red one looks classy as it's stock and very clean, where as the white one looks more 'modified' with the black-on-white colour scheme. I can see why it gets more attention.

In my previous one, a white TS kitted BPU, I drove past a guy waiting to cross the road, I watched him stop and his head follow my car past him and a good way up the road before he remembered what he was doing!

This made me smile all the way home and increased my mood 10 fold! Everyone where I work loved it, I wish I never sold it now :(

Never had a bad comment, well not to my face anyway. Get a lot of double takes, nods and smiles. Mainly guys in their 20s/30s. I've had a bunch of kids jumping up and down whooping and cheering...

Did you see them guys jumping and cheering when we all went past them on the south mimms convoy? :)

Rob D was your old supra 3L2? ren red? (those old red unicolors ''non metallic'' tend to fade after time) I still really like those red supra's but when paint fades they'll need attention a respray for example and will look like new when done properly, and will be a headturner as well.

Yes, receive some nice words from unknowns sometimes and most of the time all is positive,