The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water wetter coolant

Slippery

You can use it or any other kind of "uprated" coolant fluid...just as long as it still has corrosion inhibitors in it. Toyota 4-Life Red is the base coolant most use as it's pre-mixed correctly.

The stock cooling system is rock solid when in good health. If it's not, then check the temperature of the rad core with your hand after a run (carefully). If there are any cool spots then the rad is blocked and this is a far bigger issue than which you can overcome with an additive.

i have read that the best thing to keep a engine cool is water , water wetter has something in it that makes the point of contact less and does not cool as well, i cant remember where i found this information i think it was when i was doing a google search about the product myself

i have read that the best thing to keep a engine cool is water , water wetter has something in it that makes the point of contact less and does not cool as well, i cant remember where i found this information i think it was when i was doing a google search about the product myself

Its been a while since I have used it but sure it's the other way round. It breaks down the barrier between the water and metal surfaces helping to increase cooling by up to 10oC.

Just goggled it like you , and seems a mixed response to it. Although on tests it seems that the harder the car is driven the more benefit there is from it.

i think you still have to use anti freeze as its very corrsive, i wish i could remember more about this product from when i serched i might be talking bull plop, at the end of the day i didnt go with it after my reserch, " if its not broken dont try to fix it"