The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What time could my car have got with a decent driver?

marc_p

Ok as some of you know I'm going single at the end of the year so I ran at SupraPod to purely get a time to compare to next year, however, due to me being a bit rubbish (it was my first time on the strip) I got a rubbish 60ft, then on the second run I got really bad wheel hop and broke something(driveshaft or diff, don't know yet), so anyway if my car had a decent driver who could get a better 60ft time and doesn't break things, what could have been achieved? My best time was my first run at 13.4 @ 111.85 but with a 60ft of 2.78.

p.s. This is obviously hypothetical and other outside factors could of affected 60ft time but all I want is a time to try and beat next year :)

Ok as some of you know I'm going single at the end of the year so I ran at SupraPod to purely get a time to compare to next year, however, due to me being a bit rubbish (it was my first time on the strip) I got a rubbish 60ft, then on the second run I got really bad wheel hop and broke something(driveshaft or diff, don't know yet), so anyway if my car had a decent driver who could get a better 60ft time and doesn't break things, what could have been achieved? My best time was my first run at 13.4 @ 111.85 but with a 60ft of 2.78.

p.s. This is obviously hypothetical and other outside factors could of affected 60ft time but all I want is a time to try and beat next year :)

A fair bit quicker I would think. Like you Saturday was my first serious attempt down the strip and I managed a best of 13.39 @ 107mph with a 60ft of 2.2.

a fair bit quicker as from some brief calculations those times/trap speed equates to around 352bhp :)
How do you work that out then? I am curious. Edited by Shane
added a bit cos messed it up (see edit history)

Horsepower = Weight x (Velocity / 234)3

(3 is ment to be a cube however the editing on here for superscript is a little absent)

I averaged the weight at around 1500 kg in hind sight should've done a touch more as its an aero and i forgot the driver too

What is the 234 in the equation?