The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conversion !

hazza

I have a mkiv supra and found a complete mk3 supra with the 7m-gte single turbo and

Want to know if this is a better route to go than going down the 1jze route?

May have been covered long ago but need help from the the team!!

I guess it all depends on what work has gone into the 7m, ie head work, turbo etc. Could be making a whole lot of work for yourself though when its proven that the 1jz is almost a direct fitment. Not that I have anything against doing things against the norm and contary to the flock, but you need to be very sure of the 7m engine first and think the management side of things out too. Over the years there have been some big power 7ms though.

I thought the 7m was not that reliable?

Plagued with HG probs that normally then led to warped heads and even block failure due to overheating. If the HG was sorted from the onset then they were a strong engine. Ran a mkiii for a while.

the MK3 did have head gasket probs but apparently the head bolts weren't torqued up properly, i used to have a mk3 which i got checked out and i abused it daily (badly) and never had a problem, As for putting the 7M-GTE engine into a mk4 it seems like a backward step to me as they are only 220bhp (as standard) and so is your NA.

the MK3 did have head gasket probs but apparently the head bolts weren't torqued up properly, i used to have a mk3 which i got checked out and i abused it daily (badly) and never had a problem, As for putting the 7M-GTE engine into a mk4 it seems like a backward step to me as they are only 220bhp (as standard) and so is your NA.

Oh ok il probably leave the 7mgte idea lol

Probably just turbo my engine :p need a nice kut

Been told the engines between the an and the turbos are just as thicker head gasket and bigger injectors? X