The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's a good ECU to put on a BPU apart from Syvecs?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slippery slope Chris, just enjoy the BPU and leave as is unless you want to spend 1000's on upgrades

I was just wondering if there was any differents, I suppose a mines ecu isnt such a bad idea if you know 100% your staying BPU. I think the mines ecu is a little better on fueling and raises the rev limiter to 8000rpm and delimites it. Thats all i know off.

I'd not bother with a standalone on BPU - just run a 1 bar restrictor ring, boost controller to 1.2bar and make sure you have an AFR gauge and a good intercooler. Job done.

Save for the right ECU, not the cheapest.

Slippery slope Chris, just enjoy the BPU and leave as is unless you want to spend 1000's on upgrades

These exact two points.

If John is looking to run a better time at pod then he could try drag radials, 13.3 is a good time for a BPU!

I was just wondering if there was any differents, I suppose a mines ecu isnt such a bad idea if you know 100% your staying BPU. I think the mines ecu is a little better on fueling and raises the rev limiter to 8000rpm and delimites it. Thats all i know off.

Trouble with mines ECU is it controls 440 injectors and you will run lean on high bhp BPU power if not careful

These exact two points.

If John is looking to run a better time at pod then he could try drag radials, 13.3 is a good time for a BPU!

Its nothing to do with the runs at pod mate we are both happy with the times and speed, It just seeing how much further you can go with BPU without going single.

You don't need a fcd either hence why I thought it was one of the better buys for people who are BPU as it takes care of a few things in one go, Get used to only filling up on tesco momentum and /or V-power though as they are all mapped to 100 ron octane.

Abz has a good point if it's to beat his time, what 60ftw was he getting?

2.2 seconds - Its nothing to do with the runs. As i said to Abz we are both very happy with the times the car run. But theres not alot my dad can do with the car now because its full bpu and he dont want to go single.

Its nothing to do with the runs at pod mate we are both happy with the times and speed, It just seeing how much further you can go with BPU without going single.

then talking to dean or paul malcolm is your best bet as they have maxed BPU, I think :)

But both do have the syvecs and looking at going big power

then talking to dean or paul malcolm is your best bet as they have maxed BPU, I think :)

But both do have the syvecs and looking at going big power

I only suggested the mines the other day as John was going to stay BPU and the combination that it will make it a bit more aggressive without the retarded costs (As there is no plan to ever go single) it just seemed like a good match for something you can pick up for around £3-400.

Yep, another good point! The injectors are close to running maximum duty at this point.

It was my understanding they are at 100% duty cycle pretty much all the time at wot, even not at bpu levels. I also thought leaning out mixtures at wot, even at bpu level, can yield results. This is what I would assume the mines ecu would do rather than add yet more fuel, mine used to run 10:1 at bpu at wot at 1.2bar.

I only suggested the mines the other day as John was going to stay BPU and the combination that it will make it a bit more aggressive without the retarded costs (As there is no plan to ever go single) it just seemed like a good match for something you can pick up for around £3-400.

It is a good buy for definite, but like Dean said it can run the 440 injectors on maximum duty, that's why each one I've found I've tried to find out exactly what was done to it by mines as they all seem to be different :)

- - - Updated - - -

Power is a drug, the meets make it worse, BPU is adequate but who wants to be adequate

:D